In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Hi all....Been busy wrapping up the summer projects.
    As is usual.....Summer comes to an end abruptly.....

We had the little stove running all day yesterday....
    Weather is going to be decent for a couple days.... I called up the nut plant yesterday and spoke with Jose......C'mon down was his response.

Plant is operating at full capacity 7 days a week now....Nuts are dropping fast this year.
    So we got the outfit hooked up yesterday afternoon and are going to take advantage of the lovely fall weather we have for the next couple days.

I am not totally sure how many empty barrels we have, but I quickly counted 10 last night.
    Takes 10 to hold a full dumpster of shells...

Far more fun when the weather is nice....than when we are dodging rain and or snow.

Will see what we have in total barrels that are empty.....may go back tomorrow if we have enough empties....
    Back in May..early June I wanted to do one last run as the plant was just wrapping up, and I think we had 12 or so barrels....
    May not have enough for a second run.....

Going to be great having the stash up full though.......

Was a long dry summer for sure.
    September finally delivered some good rain.....We had two storms that dumped a total of nearly 4" of rain here.....
    Actually about 2-1/2" is about average for Sept..so we are getting a leg up on the deficit....

Cleaned up the big stove the other day.....Sort of ready to take on the deeper fall weather when it gets here.....

Be safe troops....

IHATEPROPANE, PelletHound and bogieb like this.
  2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

We were totally opposite! Extremely wet summer here, But salvaged a decent garden crop. Putting the garden on a slop at the new house saved us for the matters and peppers. Squash and others were a little below average, But we got some at least. Cucumbers were nuts until August and then they fizzled out. Same with radishes, Got a good first crop. But second went to seed and no fruit.

:cheers:

3. scajjr2

scajjr2

Wicked simple to install. The stove's temp probe has 2 wires, red & black, that plug onto the connectors on the stove. Unhook the red one from the stove, plug one of the receiver's wires to where the red wire was on the stove, use the supplied connector to connect the receiver's other wire to the red wire from the probe and that's it.

Sam

4. bogieb

bogieb

Went to the local Aubuchon's to pick up some drywall mud. Look what followed me home :D

Pellets from front of truck.jpg

I've heard of both Orford (HW) and Logik-e (these are softies), but never seen them. So picked up 10 bags each. The by the bag price is $7.29 for these, but GS are $7.79, so they are a bargain. :makeitrain". However, if you buy 10 or more, then it goes down by 10%, so these were $6.56/bag. Still way more expensive than what I usually buy, but you know I just had to try them
    Pellets from back of truck.jpg

And a gratuitous picture of what I've picked up and have stashed in the garage since last weekend - 2 tons of TSC's, then today's haul. Have nearly 3 tons in the house of various brands, so I'm almost set for the winter.
    pellets in garage 10-02-2021.jpg

5. scajjr2

scajjr2

We got guardianship of our 10 yr old autistic grandson over the summer as my daughter deals with some issues. As he's going to school out here and after seeing some schools in NH starting to have covid outbreaks pop up, we decided to make appointments to get covid booster shots.

Lori had hers yesterday. Overnight she developed a fever, chills, body aches. She finally started to feel better an hour ago. We both had a similar 1 day reaction after our 2nd vaccine shots back in March, now I know how I'll feel after getting mine next Wed.
    She got Moderna, I got Pfizer. Getting them at Walgreens but the locations only do 1 brand. So she got hers in Hampstead, I have to go to Plaistow.

sam

6. vtktm802

vtktm802

bogieb, Have you tried the fusion pellets yet or in the past ?, my local feed/tack supplier is now handling
    those.

7. bogieb

bogieb

I have run both the Fusion Blend and the Fusion 100% Hardwood - both gotten from CL last year

The Blend ran super hot in my P43 - here is my report on the Blend.

The HW were not as hot as the blend but still hotter than most and very clean running. Here is my report on the Fusion HWs. I did make a typo when I compared the HW's to the Blends and my comment after the post mentions it.

Those Fusions are made by Lauzon, the makers of Cubix.

8. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

Holy_crap.jpg

Dan

9. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Yesterday was a good day....
    Got loaded up and headed to the plant to get shells.
    5 minutes in the yard and all full up.
    Got all done and the equipment put away by about 3pm

10 barrels spot on.....

Number one run in the books....
    Would love to get another one today.....Not enough empty barrels......
    Going to run "Munchy" today and fill up the "Stove ready" barrels in the basement.

Rain and nasty by Tuesday.....

10. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Well the boss is happy she brought home - 1 third, 9 second,and 13 first place ribbons from the Cumberland Fair for her needle work. She also got a check for her donated works.

11. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

I honestly can’t believe you spent that much per bag…. you are normally so frugal…..lol

12. Earl764

Earl764

maybe it’s frugal when you can but if you need it and there aren’t any deals, you get what you get? That’s how it is for me sometimes.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  13. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

I think she knows I’m just teasing her…she scores some great deals for short money on a regular basis.

14. savemoney

savemoney

Same here, and then they go into bidding wars. Crazy isn't it.

15. savemoney

savemoney

Haven't run the pellet stove since last March when I had the mini split installed. I have pellets in the garage left over from last year. Not a whole lot of room available so will replace them once I have burned a ton. Stove is clean and ready to run, but so far no real cold weather. The mini split keeps our entire area comfortable. Much cheaper to run than the pellet stove or the furnace. Just trying to figure out when to run the stove and not the mini split when really cold weather sets in. Our model is one listed as good to run in cold temps.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  16. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

Almost time to do the spring cleaning on the stove..

Dan

17. bogieb

bogieb

Yes I am, but being a pellet pig I can't turn down trying brands. I had a debate with myself whether to get 5 bags of each or 10 bags of each - weighing the total cost against the 10% discount for 10 bags or more. I finally decided to live large :rofl: :lol: And hey, I got a $5 coupon back

Fortunately, I don't "need" pellets and if I did, TSC has much cheaper MWP's that are my go-to pellets. But it is very rare to get anything different than overprices NEWPS and GS in this area, so I at least gotta try them when they show up.

Yeah, I knew you were being light-hearted :yes:

18. savemoney

savemoney

You know that is the same for me. I buy them and know what I am getting. I am good with their heat and amount of ash. I really like the distributor I get them from. They load them right into my garage where I don't have to have them handled again until I want to bring some in for burning.

19. bogieb

bogieb

So how busy was it and do you have any bites?

IHATEPROPANE, jtakeman and imacman like this.
  20. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

Strangely enough, it was not as busy as we had hoped. Two couples came by more than once and their realtors told us both would be making offers. No offers at all by the deadline. Got a low offer late yesterday which we refused.

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb and jtakeman like this.