In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fusion (Lauzon) Hardwood Pellets

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by bogieb, Mar 6, 2021.

1. bogieb

bogieb

I bought 49 bags of Fusion HW pellets off of CL last fall for $125. I looked up the SKU and they are from Lauzon, so assume they are Cubex rebranded bags.

I ran about 7 bags of these thru the P43 after running some nasty Blazers thru that had a lot of ash that was hard and grainy, (and they were not "hot"). The Fusion HW produced very little ash that was fine and light.

pellets-hardwood Fusion bois franc bag label.jpg
    pellets-hardwood Fusion bois franc bag UPC Code.jpg

Heat wise they ran at 275*. Sure, not nearly as hot as the Fusion blend, but they certainly ran cleaner. And like the Fusion Blend, they leave almost no speed bump.
    Fusion HW Temperature.jpg

These are tied as the 3rd hottest pellet I've tested; The Fusion Blend gave me around 350* and La Crete's gave me 300*. Fireside Platinums tested out to be at 275* - the same as these HW's. Comparison with middling pellets is 225-240 (MWP's give about 240).

I am very happy with this CL find and would buy them again if I stumbled over them.

2. bogieb

bogieb

Just realized I had a typo in there, where I compared these HW with the Fusion Blend.

"The Fusion Blend gave me around 350* and La Crete's gave me 300*" SHOULD SAY, "The Fusion Blend gave me around 325* and La Crete's gave me 300*"

And while I'm here, I'll add a link to the review for the Blends.

3. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Only one batch that I was not happy with ever as they burn wicked hot and the ash it well manageable. Always have had a great experience with Northern's , Cubex ect..

bogieb likes this.
  4. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Update with the temps colder and today constant wind cranking these are burning exceptional as I have been burning them and only them for a few days . Excellent pellet and I have a ton of Matra sitting right next to these .

Great Snag at that Price Bogie !

bogieb likes this.