In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Eulogy for a toology

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by Sirchopsalot Jr., Nov 23, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Sirchopsalot Jr.

Sirchopsalot Jr.

Resized_20221123_125711.jpeg
    Today at about 12:40, my maul started exhibiting death wobbles, a common symptom of old age in tools. I struck a rather tough split, and, upon attempted retrieval, saw the handle move substantially while the head of the maul stayed profoundly still in the split. I knew the time had finally arrived. Discussion with nearby family lead to the understanding that her time was near, and that we should see her off in proper fashion. I fed her well with some straight-grained ash to help her feel young and new again, and she passed with a peaceful yeeting of her own head. My beloved Fiskar of around 3 or 4 years, who had seen me in my best and worst years, met my dog and my future wife, has finally moved on to more peaceful places. I wish her well.

...in other news, I got a new maul today! Same one as last time, and I'm well into a good splitting technique so she won't have to suffer through as many over-swings and such. Here's to more splitting, cheers!

Editor's note: apologies for lack of dog

2. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

Dial up BRAD , he knows all about that.

3. KSPlainsman

KSPlainsman

Make sure you send pictures to their warranty department. They supposedly send new ones out.

4. Sawdust Man

Sawdust Man

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

5. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

R.I.Pieces Isocore! Be sure to file a warranty claim.. A new tool as soon as two weeks.

6. KSPlainsman

KSPlainsman

Not quite that fast right at the moment. I actually broke my Fiskars Hookaroon last week and sent a picture to warranty and they're at a 3 to 4 week processing time.

I jinxed myself in a thread stating that I'd never broke a Fiskars product and within a month, broke one.

7. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Ive broken two X27 axes and an Isocore maul. All warranty claims. The first axe was two weeks. The Isocore was back in March and they gave me a wait for one option or get a cjeck and but my own. I got the check.
    I dont hand split much anymore (hydro since late Spring 2021) and use the maul to section big logs to load. I think the handle may have a crack or partly loose.

Cant say anything bad about their warranty, im just getting tired of breaking them. :picard:

8. KSPlainsman

KSPlainsman

I hope I have your good luck with their warranty. I'm on day 8 and haven't heard anything yet. Crazy thing about my hookaroon is, it was the metal that broke, not the handle. I figured the handle would be what would break, but I was wrong.

9. KSPlainsman

KSPlainsman

It was you that was in that thread, now that I think about it. You'd said how many you've broke and I said I've had good luck so far.................then it happened. Lol

10. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Took a little searching but i found all three.
    Broken Isocore

B roke Another One!
    Broken F iskars!

11. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Maybe we should start a "pictures with your broken Isocore" thread??? :rofl: :lol:
    [​IMG]

12. KSPlainsman

KSPlainsman

"Who wore it better?" :D

buZZsaw BRAD and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  13. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

My isocore has lasted pretty well, going on 15 cord this year, not counting last couple years off and on hand splitting.
    But, my dime-store mauls never even lasted this long.
    Brad, that was the pic we were looking for yesterday. That was the BL score in your area if I recall!
    IMG_20220316_130114[1].jpg

14. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Yup, that was a fun cut. Hoping to find more BL on FB/CL. I have PLENTY of secret stashes for small amounts.

I hope he filed a warranty claim.

15. Dakota Hoarder

Dakota Hoarder

Sirchopsalot Jr. make sure you file the warranty claim. My 2nd IsoCore busted a couple months ago and I had a new on in 3 weeks.

buZZsaw BRAD is the only one I’ve heard of breaking an x27… he must be using it wrong!