In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Need help with stuck bar

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Bernie, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Warner

Warner

What’s better than getting a bar stuck? Getting the backup stuck trying to get the first out:doh:a friend told me this. Lol

2. Brian72

Brian72

My log jack/Peavey saves lots of time messing with logs on the ground. I still take wedges but for the most part, I can cut and roll or jack it off the ground to relieve tension. We definitely all learn this stuff the hard way.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

3. Locust Post

Locust Post

Glad you got it loose and some cutting done. Years ago I only had 1 saw.but now I never go cutting without at least 2 saws and a peavy

4. Dok440

Dok440

You are doing great cutting that big log with a 250! Looks like you already learned a lot, some of the folks on here have been cutting for many decades. There is always something new to learn around here.

Like a few of you, I started cutting firewood because I couldn't afford to heat our house on propane. I put the bare minimum of money into cutting firewood. My first cuts would be a wedge shaped cookie. That would be my cutting wedge for the day.

5. Timberdog

Timberdog

Do you have a long steel pry bar you could slide under the big part, lift a little to open your cut and hopefully your bar will fall out? A second set of hands could come in handy to slip a wedge into the open cut as you lift the big part…if it doesn’t just fall out. If you place a smaller branch on the ground parallel to your trunk as a fulcrum and then put your long pry bar lever between the branch and the trunk and push down it will lift the trunk up and open your cut…if I’m reading that picture correctly. You’d probably only need to lift the trunk up a couple inches. A good cant lever would work too.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
  6. yooperdave

yooperdave

[​IMG]

Chaz, Bernie, MikeInMa and 7 others like this.
  7. NH mountain man

NH mountain man

:whistle:

Timberdog, Chaz, brenndatomu and 2 others like this.
  8. Horkn

Horkn

It's probably Tapatalk. I hate that app/ site. It just messes stuff up.

My suggestion is to just view it on a normal web browser.

Excellent work on the tree. A little lesson on the bar pinching, but it's all good. :thumbs:

Timberdog, Chaz, Bernie and 4 others like this.