In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Lopi Leyden

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Warner, Jan 14, 2024.

1. Warner

Warner

Hello pellet people! We are looking to replace a gas log fireplace in an insulated porch. I have found a used Lopi Leyden an older couple is selling cuz they switched to propane (go figure). I have been burning wood for most all my life but don’t have any experience with pellet stoves other than a couple buddies that have box store stoves, not interested in going that route. Is there anything in particular I should look at on this particular stove? From the pics it looks in good shape and the older gentleman said he had it serviced yearly. Thanks for any advice.

jtakeman, wildwest, Skier76 and 2 others like this.
  2. SimonHS

SimonHS

wildwest and brenndatomu like this.
  3. Warner

Warner

Thank you, sir.

wildwest, SimonHS and brenndatomu like this.
  4. Skier76

Skier76

Keep us posted! We burn pellets in CT. I have ours hooked up to a wifi t-stat which is really helpful. Pellet stoves require more maintenance vs wood stoves and with proper upkeep, chug along nicely. We’ve had ours for about 10 years or so? I’m not a stove tech, but manage to do all of the work on it myself.

wildwest and brenndatomu like this.
  5. Warner

Warner

Yup, I understand there will be more maintenance than the wood stove. I think I can handle that. The room that the stove I’m looking to replace is in is a 20x14 insulated porch, 4 large sliding glass doors and a French door that closes it off to the main house. It currently is used as a kids playroom. During the week I get home an hour or so before the kids and get the heater going and it usually runs all weekend when we are home. So it won’t be a 24/7 type thing. The fella with the lopi was texting and seems to have fallen off. Willing to bet someone came along and snapped it up…

6. Skier76

Skier76

Bummer! But I’m sure you’ll find something else out there. Sounds like a pellet stove would heat that area nicely for kids.

wildwest, brenndatomu and imacman like this.
  7. Warner

Warner

It appears the lopi is gone.

I went and looked at a Quadrafire Santa Fe last night. The guy put old pics or pics of another stove in his ad. When I got there it was all rusty and he had a bungee cord holding one of the sides shut. Some people!

wildwest, brenndatomu and imacman like this.
  8. Earl764

Earl764

And wanted good money probably, too. There are a bunch of decent pellet stoves down in FB market place in CT. The drive might save a couple G's.

9. Warner

Warner

Thanks!

brenndatomu, imacman and wildwest like this.
  10. Warner

Warner

How about the PE Warmland? I see an older tread from jtakeman, how did your buddy’s work out? Has it been a good stove?

11. Warner

Warner

IMG_3533.png Here she be any thoughts?

12. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I just looked and I don't see pellet stoves on Pacific Energy site, do they still do pellet? But, I did see don2222 has a section of replacement parts for that stove model. Any thoughts Don?

brenndatomu, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  13. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Nice stove, But no longer made and some parts might be tougher to get. The guy I helped install his is selling his due to parts being expensive. It was a one off project from Pacific Energy and shares no sister models. A bit of an exotic stove IMHO. He wound up buying a Quad CB1200.

I'd be sure parts like the control board are still available. Also the agitator, burnpot and any other unique parts. Or you will be stuck. Same goes for any other stove I guess!

14. don2222

don2222

I do sell all the parts for the Warmland and just the other day a customer needed a 409 watt igniter for an older one. The new ones take a 5-3/4” and his took a 4-3/4” inch otherwise they were the same with the disc with 2 mounting holes welded to the back of it. I found that the Enviro igniter is 400 watt and the 4-3/4” long and the same mounting disc but I had to change the ends from male to female quick disconnects to plug into his stove.
    Other than that ALL the OEM parts are still available and I have them. :)
    Pics are the Enviro igniter on the right and the old igniter on the left :)

Attached Files:

brenndatomu, Warner, imacman and 3 others like this.
  15. Warner

Warner

Went to check out the stove today. Things look good. The fella was negotiable. He is going to throw in a thimble, thermostat and the venting he has. I’ll be picking it up tomorrow. I like the sounds of exotic! lol Happy to be burning up the propane I have on hand and not be Shlepping the tanks around anymore. They always seem to run out at the most in opportune time!

16. Skier76

Skier76

Awesome! I know it goes without saying…please post some pics of the install and finished product. Congrats!

17. Warner

Warner

Well, I made the mistake of not giving the guy a deposit and telling him if someone else comes along to sell it thinking there wouldn’t be any issue. What do you know the guy sold the stove this morning.

18. SimonHS

SimonHS

You are not having much luck. Maybe third time lucky?

19. Skier76

Skier76

Oh man! Bummer!

20. Warner

Warner

I’m really in no rush, still have a fair amount of propane to burn. We will see what comes along…

brenndatomu, Skier76 and jtakeman like this.