In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday
  1. corkman

corkman

any lopi Leyden owners out there. Looking at one tomorrow. Love to hear some feedback before I see it. Looks to be in great shape and it’s 2008

2. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Don't have one but was thing of going to look at one to flip so I did a little research. Although discontinued, they seem to be a well built stove and the cast iron is a great feature on them. The only downfall that I could see was the 50lb. hopper. Parts for them seem to mostly be off the shelf stuff. If I see one come up again for cheap, I would definitely consider it again.

Russell, CleanFire, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  3. gbreda

gbreda

Havnt heard much about those in a while. If no one that owns one chimes in maybe don2222 has some insight.

If I recall correctly they were not a bad stove

4. imacman

imacman

I agree, good stove, and as with all the Travis stoves, pretty simple operation and easy to work on. I had an Astoria made by Travis and a great stove, never had one single problem.

5. don2222

don2222

I have worked on them and they are a very good stove. The do require 4” diameter venting.

Russell, CleanFire, gbreda and 3 others like this.
  6. corkman

corkman

So this is what the back of my truck looks like. Went to see the stove today. In great shape. Minor rust on interior but nothing I haven’t seen before on a stove that wasn’t sealed off from humidity. Needs a good cleaning and probably a new control decal cover thingy. Looking forward to breaking this one down. Didn’t get to fire it up so hoping all motors are good. This one will be flipped but I do love the enamel finish

Attached Files:

Russell, ivanhoe, will711 and 6 others like this.
  7. imacman

imacman

Can't wait to see it finished and burning....a pretty stove.

Russell, ivanhoe, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  8. BHags

BHags

that is a cool looking stove. I love the gloss finish. Good luck.

Russell, imacman, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Nice looking stove:yes:
    :popcorn:

CleanFire, Russell and imacman like this.
  10. corkman

corkman

A couple more pics. I’ll get it out of the truck today but won’t get to work on it till Monday. Wife just informed me we are spending the day together shopping. How exciting. I wonder if she means Pellets.

Attached Files:

ivanhoe, will711, BHags and 3 others like this.
  11. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Prolly not, But ya still can sneak in a quick pass to scope em out. :D

12. imacman

imacman

Even though I was by myself, I was at Lowes yesterday and took a peek at the pellet stacks.....3 tons nasty NEWP and about 20 ton of Greene Team.

13. gbreda

gbreda

I dont even bother anymore. Maybe I will miss some awesome big box level pellet that ends up there by chance, but as long as they have the $249 signs up, it still aint worth it.

14. corkman

corkman

Are the red things removable plugs or do I just add oil directly. Tried to remove one as you can see but just falling apart

Attached Files:

ivanhoe, slvrblkk and jtakeman like this.
  15. imacman

imacman

ConvectBlowerOilHoles.jpg Get needle nose pliers for the bad one. Plugs come out, then 3-4 drops of 3 in 1 blue can, or anderol.

ivanhoe, slvrblkk and jtakeman like this.
  16. corkman

corkman

So I took the back off and tested everything in the stove using a test cord. Everything working good and quiet. It’s all original parts by the looks of it. I did take the convection blower out just so I could get a few drops of oil in there. Blasted the rest of the stove with compressed air and put rear of stove back. Cleaned the combustion chamber while I had that apart too. I removed all the innards of the stove and it that with compressed air too and ran a bottle brush thru all the passages to make sure there were no blockages. Put it all back together and she wouldn’t fire. Retraced my steps and remembered I didn’t check the vac switch. Disconnect tube from switch and tested it with a little sucksge and could hear it click. Blew into hose and could tell right away it was blocked. I opened up the combustion chamber and reached in to where the port was. There’s a tiny little shelf that sits right below the port that was caked with hard ash. Was able to free it up and reattach hose and voila. We have fire. Super impressed with this stove. It’s been running on high now for about an hour and kicking great heat even with newps.

Attached Files:

17. imacman

imacman

We need pics of fire, or it really didn't happen. :D

18. corkman

corkman

So we have a little problem. Stove tried to shut down twice on its own. A little mystified at first but then I noticed no lights on the right side of the board. Turns out it’s the rocker switch. Switch doesn’t seem to be making good contact in the manual position. If I slide the switch up a hair towards the off position it engages and stove will run. However the switch will not stay in that position very long and breaks contact with the board. I attempted to remove the board but for the life of me I couldn’t get the wiring harness to release from the back of the board. So for now I sprayed it with deoxit and will try again tomorrow. The skin on the control board is pretty beat up so hope to get my hands on one somewhere. Anyone know where or how to get my hands on one of those

Attached Files:

ivanhoe, jtakeman and slvrblkk like this.
  19. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Don't get attached to it like I did with the Mt. Vernon or it'll be in your house! :rofl: :lol: Isn't it amazing how people either don't know how of just don't care to take care of their stoves like we do on the forum here?

Looking good! Post more pics!!!! What Pete said!!!!

ivanhoe, imacman and jtakeman like this.
  20. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Hmmmm...I think Don posted about a board cover not too long ago. Maybe hit him up?

ivanhoe, imacman and jtakeman like this.