In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Something is missing here...

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Warner, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Matt Fine

Matt Fine

If you go to Woodstock’s manual page you can see the specs. The AS is 24” without the wings and 27.5” with them. With the rear heatshield the rear wall clearance is 8.5” so not much different than the IS with a 6” rear spacing. A bit more or a bit less depending on if you get the wings. The AS is side loading which may make a difference for you.

I am sure there are a bunch of other close(er) clearance stoves that will also fit, especially if you cut the counter or can accept less than 30” or walkway (code issue?).

Flatlander Pete and papadave like this.
  2. Matt Fine

Matt Fine

6” for the sideloading AS, but I would make the the floor protection flush and all the way to the cabinet either way so there is no trip hazard.

papadave likes this.
  3. Warner

Warner

EB2388A2-9EB8-4339-A93A-4EB5BA851413.jpeg
    That is possible there was a field stone hearth at the bottom of the bricks that came out about 40x60 the area closest to the flue is 5 inches lower than the rest of the floor they ripped out the rocks and made fillers to take up the space to make it level up stairs . Picture the brick wall above perpendicular to the chimney

4. fishingpol

fishingpol

I'll throw my thought out. The jotul F 118 Black Bear. Turned sideways with the loading door to the left. It has a side heat shield option. It has top and side venting options for your flue location. It is just under 15" wide and turned sideways, should give you space. Takes a 24" split. I have seen then installed on hearths sideways many times. That area will be toasty with just about whatever you put there.

5. Warner

Warner

Thanks for your input. Off to google...

Flatlander Pete likes this.
  6. Warner

Warner

That is a great suggestion thank you. My maternal heritage is Scandinavian so I feel some draw to Jøtul. Also I’m leaning more to a secondary burner than a cat.