In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Todays was my Friday, Practice slackin tomorrow! :p Really gonna slack next week. Only working 2 days. :D

2. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

:thumbs:

I have week of Xmas off, 4 day work weeks starting next week....off this Monday and still have 3.5 personal days to use until the end of the year....

3. Rich250

Rich250

Got 3 weeks vacation left but got my son in working with me so really can't take time off as I'm trying to get him trained.

4. schoondog

schoondog

I got 84 hours I have to use before the end of the year, but training a new guy and have to train a yet to be hired new person. None of the guys want to work 12.5 hour overnite shift. very understaffed.

Doggy

5. smoke show

smoke show

Sitting on the throne working up a chit. Already fully trained. Not sure how much vacation time I have left. Less than 240 hours, because that is how much I can carry over.

6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

One of the things you've been well trained at? :doh:

:loco: :crazy:

7. smoke show

smoke show

Took a while but I finally caught on!

8. Earl764

Earl764

5 days carry over. Use it or lose it.

9. smoke show

smoke show

10. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:rofl: :lol:

11. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Walker 300'.
    Goes nowhere 5 miles.
    Cane 128'

12. bogieb

bogieb

My last job I got to carry 40 hours, but since somehow I could never actually use my time (even for Christmas shutdown where 3 of us ended up working on a report instead of getting time off like everyone else) so I lost a bunch over the 4 years. Where I work now, we can carry 400 hours.

We do get 3 personal holidays that are use or lose, and last year I lost 2.5 of those days because I didn't realize the fiscal year ended at the end of November. I was planning on using those days for the week I was taking off to go see family for Christmas. However, Since we got the 2020 PH time in the middle of December, I used all of it up for the holiday.

This year it will be a challenge, because I've literately used less than 30 hours of PTO since the beginning of the year (not that I haven't tried). I haven't even been there 2 years yet and I have just under 230 hours sitting on the books.

13. bogieb

bogieb

Hi y'all, if you haven't seen this thread, post #5, then get over there and see what kind of discount you can get at TSC for pellets. The coupon itself says not for use on pellets, but as long as you are ordering online, it seems to work.

14. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Final round of leaf cleanup today. Didn't do it last weekend because there were a couple trees still hanging onto some leaves. Then we had very strong wind one night (Sunday I think) which took care of the rest.

Have a great weekend everyone. Should be warm enough for an early evening fire pit tonight.
    :MM:

15. bogieb

bogieb

Got a ton of MWP for $194 and some change. Once I got the truck unloaded, I filled with the trash ans went to the dump. While I was there I filled a couple of 40# kitty litter buckets with sand. Makes 3-4 buckets in the portable garage. I think the buckets in the regular garage are still full, but should check (should have checked before I left :emb:)

16. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

BTW it’s basically a top-10 day here. Nov 21st and the sun is out with a slight breeze and I’m outside doing yard work in a t-shirt and it’s very comfortable. Now if it would just stop getting dark at 4:30pm, lol.

17. bogieb

bogieb

I took a nap and when I got up I couldn't move my arms. Well, I could, but my shoulders were extremely painful. Guess the two shots I got yesterday at my annual physical didn't like all the labor (first Shingles vaccine in left arm, pneumonia in the right arm). I mean they were somewhat painful this morning, and I didn't sleep well last night because I kept waking up when there was pressure on a shoulder, but WOW. After an hour and ibuprofen, my left arm has chilled out, my right arm I can't raise to the side but maybe a foot. Good think the weather is mild so I don't have to fill either of the hoppers.

18. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

And some beers :D

IMG_20201121_170652792.jpg

19. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

It was beautiful here early this morning but then got overcast but the temp stayed around 58-60 degrees....showers here now though

20. scajjr2

scajjr2

I had the same reaction to those 2 shots back in Jan. Shoulders were stiff and sore for a couple days. Had a lot of soreness for a couple days after my flu shot in Sept too.

sam