In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Explosive ignition on p43

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by D-Mac0211, Mar 23, 2018.

1. D-Mac0211

D-Mac0211

Woke up this morning and the damm thing somehow magically lit last night. Shut down and came back on and lit again. I dont get it lol

Rich250, Chaz, ttdberg and 5 others like this.
  2. bogieb

bogieb

Don't question it - just go with it and keep your fingers crossed ;)

D-Mac0211, Rich250, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  3. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

:thumbs:

4. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

D-Mac one other thing you can check if you didn’t already. I know you said you emptied the hopper at least once and didn’t see any foreign objects there. Take off the fines box cover and get a good look inside there. To get the best view you will need to remove the control panel so you have a straight shot. Thought here, you are looking at the pusher arm and slide plate assembly, where pellets drop when the slide plate pushes them down into the top-most portion of the auger shaft. See if there are any unexpected foreign objects sitting in there. Cardboard, metal, whatever. Long shot but it seems you’ve checked everything else, so can’t hurt to spend a few mins looking at this too. You sure don’t appear to have an issue with pellets feeding, but wondering if there could be something in there unexpectly restricting air flow.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  5. don2222

don2222

Hello
    I just got the delayed ignition problem and in my case it is a bad igniter triac on the circuit board
    See pics and vid here
    (1) Harman pellet stove delayed ignition solutions with pics and vids | Firewood Hoarders Club

6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Luv my crummy Enviro stove's pressure ignition. So much less picky than an inductive igniter. Literally like sticking a blow torch in the firepot so no more POOF ignitions!

My old quad would nearly blow the doors open if I didn't keep up on clearing the burnpot holes(AKA dirty stove). Scare dat chit out of you if you weren't ready.

Who would have thunk wood gas is explosive!! :hair:

imacman likes this.
  7. don2222

don2222

The pressure ignition works well and for corn too,
    The only drawback I’d the price of a new one when it comes time to replace it.
    What model was you old Quadrafire?