In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Our first all day car show Port Huron MI

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by trail twister, Aug 9, 2017.

1. trail twister

trail twister

Kare and I decided to attend our first all day car show Saturday at Port Huron Michigan. They closed down Military (main street) street detouring traffic around the area (6 blocks and side streets) for the show. We arrived at 8:30 Am and our sign in number was 195 but I had walked two blocks south to find the requestors so we could walk and see the cars/trucks to sign in. I was well ahead of other cars in our block by over 200 numbers. They were hoping to get 300 cars there, At 11:00 I asked the DJ announcer who does the local shows we have been attending how many they had. He points up north one more block and said to that point they had 300 cars/trucks and there were 3 more blocks of parked cars and trucks and 4 side streets full. My guess was between 600 and 900 cars by 1:00.

Cost us $15.00 fee that went to a group that helps the ageing, I believe for the county not just for the city. We got a goodie bag of donate things, samples of car wax/polish, Polishing cloths, plastic caps for cans and bottles, samples of sun screen ( I should have found that early as my face is sun burnt pretty good.), note pads and pens, key chains, discount coupon tickets to a oil change chain, discount tickets to fast food restaurants and even a free coffee and donut coupon to Tim Horton's (yum).
    We were given a drivers ticket and Kare got a show T shirt in one drawing they were selling the shirts for $15.00.

All the event people were so nice I can't remember how many said they were glad we came and hoped we were having a good time, did we need any thing cold water and such.

We got parked in front of a pizza shop that opened at Noon called Casey's a really short across the side walk trip for our lunch of pizza.
    If you are ever in Port Huron Michigan and are hungry go to Casey's, they do more than Pizzas too.

I got some pictures before the camera who's battery I had neglected to charge died on me.

There was a bunch of cars/trucks from Canada also.

Willies a very nice 2 wheeler.

[​IMG]

Dodge Super Bee.

[​IMG]

Plymouth Sport Fury.

[​IMG]

Plymouth Fury.

[​IMG]

Ford a Beautiful street rod PU.

[​IMG]

Ford Mustang, I am sure this NY car will get the prize for who came the farthest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Al

2. trail twister

trail twister

Early Plymouth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Early IH street rod pickup.

[​IMG]

64 Ford Falcon.

[​IMG]

62 Ford Galaxy, My folks had one but was a rug rat hauler and the engine drove dad nuts.

[​IMG]

Canada car 34 Dodge Desoto.

[​IMG]

Dodge Coronet 500.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Al

eatonpcat and yooperdave like this.