In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New Top Head with motor & new electric plug for Power Smith ash vac works like new!

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Mar 6, 2024.

1. don2222

don2222

Hello
    One of the prongs on the power plug broke and the motor finally wore out. A new Leviton replacement plug and a new top motor head and bingo! Works like brand new!!
    Is it white neutral color AC wire to the silver screw on the left in the pic which is connected to the wide prong on the plug ??
    Pic 1 - new Leviton AC plug
    Pic 2 - New top head with new motor and secondary white motor filter.
    Pic 3 - Old broken black molded plug vs new white plug
    Pic 4 - Wire hookup
    Pic 5 - plug is fixed
    Pic 6 - vac is fixed
    Pic 7 - new bag filter

Attached Files:

JD Guy likes this.
  2. bogieb

bogieb

Glad you got decent life out of it, and now with renewed life.

My Power Smith literally lasted a couple of days past the warranty and it burnt the motor. It had always gotten super hot even just doing the final cleaning of the P43, and the suction was never very good. I was so unhappy with the device from the start that I decided not to see if I could get it replaced by the company and went back to using my mini Shop Vac (which I had used prior to splurging on the Power Smith).

Eventually the vac that I currently have went on sale while I had a loyalty coupon so bought it. Much better suction and has lasted several years.

Maybe I got a lemon Power Smith, so good for anyone that has had good luck.

imacman likes this.
  3. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

No, Its what I heard as well. Some never made warranty and had difficulty with a claim of repair of replacement. Something or other about miss us or voided due to un approved usage. Meh

bogieb likes this.
  4. don2222

don2222

Hi BB
    Did you have the version 1 with the green canister because the new version 2 with the stainless steel canister is better and lasts longer?

Attached Files:

bogieb likes this.
  5. bogieb

bogieb

I had the green canister.

imacman likes this.
  6. don2222

don2222

Yes I had the one of those. It lasted quite a while but the motor burned out. The new model has a secondary round white filter to protect the motor and it lasts a lot longer. :) I clean this filter with my compressor and it lasts long also. :)

bogieb likes this.