In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Need some help.

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by FatBoy85, Mar 13, 2017.

1. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

IMG_1481.JPG There's a reason I'm pretty jovial right now.

blacktail, Sean, papadave and 4 others like this.
  2. yooperdave

yooperdave

these tired old eyes can't really tell what brand it is; I know what it reminds me of though.

So why don't you do a little bragging about it and clue us in? :whistle:

papadave, FatBoy85 and Eric VW like this.
  3. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

This is Wolf Steel's Timberwolf 2200 model. 1.9 cu ft firebox capacity and a 60,000 btu range. Comes with legs and no ash box. This model is in matte black. "Isn't she a beauty Johnny?"

4. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Nice!

Sean and FatBoy85 like this.
  5. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

I had to race home to get the garage cleared out and I mean Cleared. Stacked up wood went into bins and its shipshape. Got this thing in there and its just waiting to be installed and used. Just about good on the wood being stored in the garage. I have wood enough for a month it seems in there but I'm probably going to be surprised about the amount I burn. Just thinking about it is freaking fun. Would stand about 30 inches tall I believe when completely assembled not counting the hearthstone.

papadave and Eric VW like this.
  6. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Get it back outside, slap a piece of single wall pipe in the flue collar and run a few small fires in it to cure that paint........
    :thumbs:

Are you done yet?:whistle:
    :wacky:
    :rofl: :lol:
    :salute:

Sean, papadave, TurboDiesel and 2 others like this.
  7. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

So here's my bragging moment: I scoured the net for places that would sell woodstoves and then ran into problems. The shipping. The shipping created what was more than I wanted to spend and almost was more than half the cost of the stove. Sometimes it wasn't even available. I had looked at this model (2100 in particular just slightly smaller)at the beginning and then looked at Vogelzang and its Durango model. Lovely price at 649.99 at Northern Tool but that was hindered by a $375 shipping bill. Whew. Even the high efficency no name Vogelzang slightly smaller model was nice to see but shipping was not charming. I had looked on Build.com before. They had the Timberwolves models and they were A miracle price. What made it better?
    You guessed it: FREE shipping. Ordered the stove at $563.40 and legs at $81.00 plus add an additional internet coupon for $25 off and this net me some $619.40. Shrewd?
    Here's the kicker. The next day I look on Build.com, I see their spring sale ended. IMG_1456.PNG
    This is the photoshot of the website the very next day. o_O....

:cool: Enough said.

8. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Haha im very tempted to but its rainy out. Eric should I assemble the bricks with this? They are just inside but not fitted in. You're talking to a grasshoppah here. I need the advice.

Eric VW likes this.
  9. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

If you're doing a burn in to cure the paint, I would put the bricks in....others may share a different opinion, but if you get that sheet metal too hot too quick, that will be no bueno I feel.

papadave, yooperdave and FatBoy85 like this.
  10. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Capisce. I'll have to get that figured out but shouldnt be too hard. Better get them in before it gets too hot in the house. How long of a burn?

Eric VW likes this.
  11. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

You may have some info in the owner's manual.... certain temp for so long, then raise the temp-hold for certain time, etc.
    If no info in manual, consider an email or phone call to the customer/technical support.
    :yes:

papadave and FatBoy85 like this.
  12. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Agreed.
    Nice snag on this one FB85! :thumbs:

FatBoy85 and Eric VW like this.
  13. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Excellent... and coming from a guy with bent wood, ya know it's solid when he agrees with the photographer :salute:
    :whistle:
    :wacky:
    :rofl: :lol:
    :handshake:

brenndatomu and FatBoy85 like this.
  14. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Well this is positively reassuring as I go. Thank you! I say the next photos to come are the paint cure, the installation of the pipes and hearth and then lastly would be the thermal wall. A safety element here, tiny hands and hot metal don't mix.

wildwest and Eric VW like this.
  15. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

That's a great intention, but.....
    Do you have protection around the kitchen range? I only ask, because with thorough instruction, your child(ren) will certainly learn and know that horsing around near ANY hot surface is not tolerated and dangerous...
    Just food for thought. If we teach our kids to respect so many things/ situations (in general), than surely that would include "hot" stuff too.
    FB35, I only say this because when I was a toddler, there was an open FP in our LR, then a wood stove in the same area, wood stoves in every family member's homes... no child of any age was ever injured around or by way of a hot stove.
    But then again, this is 2017....

papadave and FatBoy85 like this.
  16. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

upload_2017-4-27_23-2-56.png :D :D :D

17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

We did large baby gates around all 3 of stoves (1 old house, 2 present house), over kill or not, no stress is lil one takes a tumble or reaches for the stove. Also, speaking from experience, keep an eye and nose out for stuffed animals and blankets and such they can throw over the babygate LOL)

18. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Within reason I have this for several options. To keep the kid out and to keep the heat more efficient. Let the brick do the work. She knows whats "Ot." Its a valuable tool used in the teaching. Knowing that I can constantly tell her with the limits. Don't bring things that burn or melt easily around this and keep it simple. Don't overdo the things with my daughter like play when thats going. Her room will likely be a safe place. Call me overcautious but still a teacher(educator for a living). A small price to pay for the safe wall and the heat potential.

wildwest and milleo like this.
  19. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

:dex:
    Great deal!
    Now let's roll it outside and break it in!
    You don't want to fire it up inside and have that burning paint smell in there!:whistle:

:D

20. yooperdave

yooperdave

Yeah, put the legs on...everything looks better with legs.

wildwest and FatBoy85 like this.