In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fiskars Addiction?

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by RichE23ACR, Jun 17, 2023.

1. RichE23ACR

RichE23ACR

I looked around the garage the other day and realized that we have a good number of tools from Fiskars.

I think an Isocore maul will be the next addition. 20230604_170822.jpg

2. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

They are a great product. I own the Isocore maul and love it. Have several other of their tools and like them.

Great warranty coverage too. Ive broken an Isocore and two X27 axes and the warranty claim was excellent. Had a new tool in 2-3 weeks.

How do you like the brush axe?

3. RCBS

RCBS

I was taking stock the other day and was a bit taken back on how many I have accumulated. It's not necessarily a brand thing. I see a well made tool that works well that I need...I buy (if I can afford). Some were purchased based upon experience with others. I'm a bit disrought with them on one thing though. They 'updated' their Pow'r Gear loppers. Why this was done, I do not know. What I do know is that the originals are the best all around loppers I've ever laid hands to. An 18" lopper may have been my first Fiskars. Either that or the hatchet. Been too long.

metalcuttr and buZZsaw BRAD like this.
  4. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

I have quite a few Fiskars tools. I like the majority of them.

The machete's factory edge is garbage...but once I put a real edge on it, it became a monster...

metalcuttr likes this.
  5. RichE23ACR

RichE23ACR

The Brush Axe was dull when I received it. That was not expected. ow that I've sharpened it, it is decent. I wish the hook was more pronounced, some vines and multi-flora roses take a couple of swipes.

6. dennish

dennish

Finnish company so it's got to be tops in quality.

7. gusty60

gusty60

I bought a Fiskars Hookaroon a few months ago . I wish i would have bought one 20 years ago.

8. dennish

dennish

Ordered a 24" Fiskars machete.

9. Backwoods Fellin'

Backwoods Fellin'

Agreed. That maul is the bomb:D

metalcuttr likes this.
  10. RichE23ACR

RichE23ACR

Fiskars Addiction! Should there be a Fiskars Hoarders Club as an add-on to FHC? The Morris Habitat for Humanity ReStore received a bunch of new Fiskars product. I picked up three pairs of the scissors and the small brush ax. I might see if they have any loppers left, it's always good to have extras. I planned on having two of the scissors for myself, a pair for my shop and a pair for my tool belt. However my roommate had other ideas and I'm down to one pair.

I saw the Fiskars wedge on YouTube and found one on Amazon. They shipped it from Australia. I haven't used it yet. I'm thinking of using it with a wood grenade. The wood grenade is great to start opening up a log, usually doesn't come close to getting the log apart.

Finally, an Isocore 8lb maul joins the arsenal!!! But Jiminy Flippin' Cricket, it's a lot heavier to swing than X27. So far, I'm happy with it! We have more Ash than a house of ill-repute. The Isocore is great for opening up a log to make way for the X27. Right or wrong we never used a maul to drive a wedge, at least when anyone was watching. Not having to lug a sledge hammer along is a mega bonus of an I 20230829_173726.jpg socore!! I am looking forward to using this maul a lot more!

MikeInMa and metalcuttr like this.
  11. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Start a thread on your Fiskars hoard and im sure FHCers will respond. I would.

metalcuttr likes this.
  12. Lawn Chaney III

Lawn Chaney III

For any of you New Englanders - I just found this at Ocean State Job Lots for $29.99 this past Tuesday.

fiskars.jpg

13. Backwoods Fellin'

Backwoods Fellin'

Great price on a great tool

Lawn Chaney III and buZZsaw BRAD like this.
  14. RichE23ACR

RichE23ACR

The Fiskars wedge is proving to be not worth the premium. A twist wedge from Tractor Supply is much more effective for a lot less $!

buZZsaw BRAD likes this.