In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

FHC Business Cards!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by MasterMech, Aug 23, 2014.

1. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

Ok so technically we aren't a business per say, but I did think it would be cool to have a card that you could give to new firewood buddies that would encourage them to check out our forum. They even have a QR code on them so if your new friend has a smartphone, they can scan and be sent right to our homepage.

FHC Final Proof.png
    I and other members of the staff here have pitched in to make these happen. I will be sending the staff their cards and I should have 700 left from the initial run to send to any interested members. I'd like to limit it to lots of 20 for now, to gauge interest and ensure a fair number of members have an opportunity to participate. There is no cost if you want a few of these from this run, just send me a PM ("Start a Conversation") with your mailing address. I will have these by Friday and start shipping the following week.

If there is enough demand, or if someone wants a whole bunch of these, I will consider doing another printing run, and we can all discuss the cost of doing so (it is quite inexpensive to do in bulk) at that point.

HDRock, clemsonfor, bigbarf48 and 7 others like this.
  2. Stinny

Stinny

Nice!

DexterDay, MasterMech and Chvymn99 like this.
  3. rookie1

rookie1

If your sending some to Dex ill hit him up for some when I see him. Very cool cards too.:thumbs:

clemsonfor, DexterDay, BrianK and 2 others like this.
  4. nate

nate Banned

I have a smartyphone but have never heard of a QR code before. How do you scan it?

I might be able to give out cards to some customers when I drop off wood. I can't guarantee they would join up though.

clemsonfor and MasterMech like this.
  5. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

This site never ceases to amaze me. :thumbs:

6. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

An app called a qr reader.

clemsonfor likes this.
  7. Stinny

Stinny

True. I'm even starting to get a little selfish wanting it to stay around this size so it is "manageable" for the mods. I know it can't happen. More members is awesome, and inevitable with a site this well done... but, more traffic brings with it the need for more mod time to steer around the negatives that pop up once in a while. One thing here that should help however, is most, if not all, of the members seem to want the same thing... so the entire group kinda keeps an eye on things. It really is a very unique place on the internet. Scotty & all of the mods know they've got a keeper here, and we all do too... :campfire:

8. MasterMech

Yeah Stinny, I miss the days when it was just 150 of us or so. They didn't last long did they? But I also love watching what this site is becoming.....

9. rookie1

rookie1

Could you imagine the gtg if we all showed!

clemsonfor, DexterDay, BrianK and 3 others like this.
  10. MasterMech

We could rent a small fairgrounds... :rofl: :lol:

11. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

I could try calling my uncle, it seems like he owns most of butler county, Iowa :rofl: :lol:

12. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

:yes:... Jack is right....This site Rocks...:dex:.....Those are awesome to any all that was involved in it!:dancer:

DexterDay, Stinny, MasterMech and 3 others like this.
  13. nate

nate Banned

I guess I'm the "dinosaur". It wasn't until not that long ago someone showed me how to load an "app". Heck I didn't know there was video games for iphone. Not that I'd play them, but still.

Back when I was a kid I used to sling crap at my folks for not being on the "up and up" of the latest thing. I remember when the internet rolled into town around 1999 and I begged my folks to get it.

Well.... now I'm there :rofl: :lol:. It just seems so overwhelmning. Info overload! The Facebooks, Tweeter, Instergram, Myspace, and whatever else. And now apparently on here I'm supposed to keep track of all members and what they are doing. :headbang::rofl: :lol:

Anyhow, send me a dozen or two of the cards and I'll hand them out to customers that look like they would be interested.

14. Stinny

Stinny

Yep... all that internet stuff... I just stick with FaceCord right here... :rofl: :lol:

15. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

I'll hook you up bud!!

clemsonfor likes this.
  16. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

The mere threat of business cards got us up to 700 members, just imagine how it will skyrocket when we get them!

17. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

Thats a pretty cool idea Ill take a couple and hand them out around here might be able to help some people start burning safely.

18. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

I got the cards the other day and they look great:thumbs: Im looking forward to handing them out.:firepit:

19. Stinny

Stinny

20. rookie1

rookie1

I've always wondered about the saying " card carrying member" and think I am one now. Met up with Dex today and gave him the extra shirts he wanted from Swags and he gave me some cards. Pretty cool. image.jpg