In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fahrenheit Technologies Endurance 50F Information

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by BAN83, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Who out there has a 50F or would like to get one?

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

3.6%
  3. I Want One

17.9%
  1. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

I don't really have an answer but you could contact Fahrenheit directly and see what the shipping costs would be? I paid to have my Enerzone shipped from Canada and it was pretty cheap for the weight (about $300 w/ liftgate service).

The Fahrenheit furnaces are really a great stove!! Love Mine!

Russell, ivanhoe and Highbeam like this.
  2. Tjim01

Tjim01

Hey Ivan - Just saw this and wondering if you replaced the glass. Mine is cracked also (not sure when or why)...I have the glass, but I know I'll have to drill the screws out to replace it and haven't tried it yet. Almost afraid I'll drill them out and not be able to re-tap the holes, as it's a shallow hole and would require a bottom tap at minimum. Figure the crack isn't really hurting anything...?

ivanhoe likes this.
  3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Haven't replaced it yet. I just yanked the furnace out to finish my tiles on the floor and waiting until I don't need the oil furnace(I'm still heating during the night) to yank it out too. I was told to make sure the glass doesn't touch the metal otherwise it will break again. I'm not sure if mine was touching, it ran for a better part of the season before it cracked so I assume it wasn't the case of touching. I will be installing my newer unit when I put everything back together so I'm in no rush of replacing the glass yet($60 & up). Replace the metal screws with stainless ones/antiseize, I did that with all protruding ones in the fire chamber.

4. Maximus

Maximus

Gents - it's been awhile since I last posted but was hopeful someone has come across my issue and has a solution. One of my pot frame mounting studs has broken and I can't see a way to the back of it. Any thoughts on a fix for this? Thx!

jtakeman likes this.
  5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Are you talking about the main four studs holding the bulk of the pot frame? On my older unit I have one broken on the bottom and I haven't had any issues. Which one is broken on yours? I've been contemplating on fixing mine and really haven't come to a solution yet. Maybe drill it out and tap a stud/bolt into it. Pics are always nice to see exactly what you're talking about.

jtakeman likes this.
  6. Maximus

Maximus

So...it's the top right and the solution from the man himself (Mark Graham) is to drill & tap...as it's a stud welded on the backside. I'm adding my 1/4" stainless pot this year - much heavier than stock, so I don't think I have a choice...

ivanhoe likes this.
  7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I fired up the newer furnace in the garage and away it went:thumbs: sorry no pic:(
    Took some wattage readings on the igniting sequence for references:) along with electrical parts identification for sources, etc..,:yes:
    Deep cleaning in a day or two:smoke:
    Then the install to the new home........:D
    Maximus, let me know which part you updated with S/S?

jtakeman likes this.
  8. Maximus

Maximus

I built the entire pot and Door/Pusher faces with 1/4" SS...The Door/Pusher were in service all last year (6 tons = zero wear). Currently modifying the frame to accept the thicker pot. I'm going to modify the frame as well...stock config is to have 50% of the air flow to the Door and around...doesn't seem right, going to push more air under the pot where it belongs (IMHO). Seriously considering building a new frame...OEM is hard to modify...but running out of time so we'll see...
    IMG_2084.JPG IMG_2085.JPG IMG_2086.JPG

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I haven't taken my burnpot apart yet to familiarize myself to it's function. I wonder if you would of went with the same thickness material how long it would last? 1/4 is a major step up! maybe 3/16 would of suffice, that's what I've done with my top pusher. I'd be interested in those fabricated parts, just PM me on the details.

jtakeman likes this.
  10. Maximus

Maximus

I think the original pot is SS...just way too thin IMHO. I've had to learn to fab/weld just to keep my furnace running. Not fun having a failure in the dead of winter so I decided to make "lifetime" components. After testing the pusher/door last year I believe 1/4" = lifetime...

ivanhoe likes this.
  11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Ok, I get where you're coming from. Doubling the weight could create a strain on those pushers, hopefully not the case.
    It ran a year with no issues is a promising sign.

12. Maximus

Maximus

Well the pusher & door face were replaced with the thicker material only...so not really that much of a weight difference. I believe the actuators will have an easier go of it to be honest...here was no scaling of the new parts and very little buildup so I'd expect the same for the new pot as well...

The new pot is heavier...but that's not moving around...

ivanhoe likes this.
  13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Cleaning has begun.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    SKEETER McCLUSKEY likes this.
  14. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

Looks to be the same as mine Ivan

ivanhoe likes this.
  15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

That's good to know.

Tjim01 likes this.
  16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Cracks about the burnpot assembly :(
    Looks like 1/8 SS.
    The upper burn plate is 1/4 steel.

Attached Files:

17. Maximus

Maximus

Yup...been saying all along...1/8 is not enough...thus the move to 1/4...tired of fixing those damm things!!!!

ivanhoe likes this.
  18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I see why you are complaining :mad:
    And doing something about it:yes:
    Different kind of operating burnpot :eek:
    I see I only have 1 speed distribution fan but I have a 2 speed motor:whistle:
    Replaced all fire chamber protruding screws with SS ones:smoke:
    I rotated the distribution fan motor for easier oiling in the future ;)
    Burnpot assembly graphite sprayed and the acorn nuts removed and antiseized:cool:

19. Highbeam

Highbeam

Mmm Kay, maybe Fahrenheit doesn't have their poop together just yet.

20. Maximus

Maximus

Well...I've run mine for 8 hard years...6 ton/yr and overall it's a solid design. Still running my original control board, distribution blower & actuators. Auger lasted 5 years, still have original exhaust blower but upgraded to a higher amp model to spin larger finned impeller. My unit works hard as it's being asked to heat a 20y/o, 2,700sq/ft home. The pot failures are an issue but may be more related to my particular use. Mine always start at where the igniter lights...basically heating cold metal very quickly (with a lot of holes in it to boot). Folks that don't use the fuel miser function and/or who manually light may have much better pot life. Just the fact I run so much through it per year also contributes to the short life cycle. On the plus side, the ability to reach out to the owner/engineer via email is very reassuring. Mark has always immediately replied to any question I had...even 8 years after purchase!!!

Does it frustrate me from time to time...sure...but for the majority of the time it runs very well...