In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Chainsaw Pics...

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by the GOAT, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Stumper

Stumper Banned

Sometimes we find old bullets from hunters in the wood when split... Have a nice day!
    Stumper

2. Dancan

Dancan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Action shot

[​IMG]
    Reward shot

[​IMG]

3. Hoggwood

Hoggwood

Yes, only one bullet in this tree.

Interestingly, I do find the odd lead slug deeply buried from years gone by. Cut clean through one a few years ago. Didn't even notice until I split the round and saw the remaining part embedded in the face of the round. Soft enough to be forgiving.

On the other hand, I did hit a spike once that was buried in a tree. That did not go over well.

This one was up in the top 1/3 of the tree based on the size of the round when I split it. Figure someone must have been shooting at birds or squirrels.

4. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

5. Stumper

Stumper Banned

What the big part of the fleet? You have some nice clean saws here...Have a nice day!
    Stumper

6. Stumper

Stumper Banned

I like your pictures a lot keep the coming ! There a many nice people in FHC ! Thank you “Dancan for Post...Have a nice day! Stumper

Dancan likes this.
  7. Stumper

Stumper Banned

Thank you “ The Wood Wolverine” for the picture of the “ Jonsered Saw” do you like it? I guess you were aware that some Husqvarna parts fit some of them! Have a nice day!
    Stumper

8. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

It’s essentially a Husky 350, not sure if you knew that. We broke off the brake flag piece on the original red case so I found one from a 350 and dyed it black. Fun saw to tinker on and it was my first port job.

p61 western and 94BULLITT like this.
  9. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

A 350 is so easy to work on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Wood Wolverine likes this.
  10. Dancan

Dancan

Thanks , while at that charity cut and split the guys that did the chucking and splitting thot that Jerry (The fella in the woodpile) and I came well armed lol
    Jerry and I blocked up the pile in about 2 hours with a break in between , the other guys said it usually takes them the whole day just to block it up with the saws they have .
    One of the fellas saw me taking some pics and he asked why , I told him that I posted pics on some chainsaw and firewood forums hoping someone would like to see them :)

11. Hoggwood

Hoggwood

Dusted off a couple of bombers for the charity cut this weekend.

DSC01463.JPG

12. walt

walt

Nice looking saws !

Hoggwood and eatonpcat like this.
  13. Dancan

Dancan

14. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

Looks like a good job for the ryobi.

eatonpcat, Dancan and Ronaldo like this.
  15. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I was thinking Husqy

Motorhead, J. Dirt, eatonpcat and 4 others like this.
  16. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

It is not my saw but I had to take a picture of it. The guy bought it for $150. He took it to the dealer to get it running right back in June. The guy never worked on it. Last week he went to get it to bring to me and the guy fixed it while he waited. He did a fuel line and carb on it. I think he said it was $130 for everything. The guy that owns the saw thought the mechanic was leaving it sit hoping he would never come back for it. The paint is not even burnt on the muffler. It is one of the best running 026s I have run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Blstr88

Blstr88

Just picked up this brand new 562xp yesterday...wanted a 60cc saw and with the Husqvarna rebate this was over $100 cheaper than the Stihl 362c. My first Husqvarna, havent really used it much but with this storm rolling through the Northeast right now Im sure I'll have plenty of opportunity tomorrow/Tuesday!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Awesome saw Blstr!

Crook!?!?

19. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

The guy that owns the saw is a Mexican. He took it to this dealer because the mechanic is a Mexican. This guy also sell parts at this dealer. One day I was there getting parts and a couple of Mexicans carried their saw out the side door and no money exchanged hands. If the boss knew he would have been really mad. I've always thought the guy was shady after that. I have a Stihl HT131. There is a safety recall on the fuel cap. Fuel can spray when the cap is removed. He gave me a hard time about mine because I bought the pole saw second hand. A recall is a recall. Anyway the guy that owned the 026 was happy to get it back.

20. Hoggwood

Hoggwood

Finally put together a couple of 61's from a box full of carcasses. Local small engine shop traded carcasses in return for a complete saw. I am keeping this one and the small engine guy gets another.

Early Practica 61. Had a busted up white top and the Practica embossed plastic bar cover. Swapped out the smaller HS-163 and the throttle rod/for the larger 254. The older case has the integral idle screw and needed the older setup. Added new seals, newer piston and cylinder, gasket delete. Newer tank and handle with the course thread buffers. Seems pretty happy now and I have some fixings left over for another project.

I really like how a lot of the early 61 and Jonsereds 630 parts swap back and forth. Ignitions, cranks, pumps, flywheel, clutches...etc.

DSC01464.JPG DSC01465.JPG DSC01466.JPG