In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Baseball season in the northeast

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by jrider, Apr 21, 2024.

1. jrider

jrider

It was 35 degrees this morning and warmed up to 53 with overcast. I have the wood boiler shut down for the season and am using the gas heater. Been keeping the house a little cooler so I figured this afternoon would be a good time to watch my Phillies and have a fire going. Nothing like watching a ball game with a fire going.

Attached Files:

jo191145, Cash Larue, Chud and 9 others like this.
  2. Softwood

Softwood

What did you think of Hoskins when he played for the Phillies? It’s early and I know he’s coming off injury but I haven’t been too impressed by him as a Brewer so far.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    jo191145 and Cash Larue like this.
  3. jrider

jrider

I don't know what his numbers currently are but we loved him as a Phillie. He's a good clubhouse guy and teammate. He brings energy and excitement and he still hates the Mets which is awesome! As with most sluggers these days, batting averages aren't where I'd like to see them and they are extremely streaky. Hang in there, I think he will win you over.

jo191145, Cash Larue and Softwood like this.
  4. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

I’m a big baseball fan too. Too bad my Rockies are historically bad this year. Tough to watch.
    :doh:

5. Softwood

Softwood

He hit another solo homer last night (in a loss). I think good clubhouse guys are underrated nowadays. Especially with the young squad the Brewers are fielding this year.
    We’re going down to watch them Saturday against the Yankees. My sons finally old enough to go, hoping it’s a good game at least.

John D, jo191145 and Cash Larue like this.
  6. jo191145

jo191145

And here I thought you’d be cutting down a bunch of ash trees in preparation.

buZZsaw BRAD, jrider and John D like this.