In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

.17 HMR vs. .22 WMR

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Beetle-Kill, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

make the bullet more exsplody? I dunno but I'll find out.

bobdog2o02 likes this.
  2. lukem

lukem

Shoot a touch flatter is probably about it.

Beetle-Kill likes this.
  3. RParrotte

RParrotte

Oh thanks, that'd be cool. I don't shoot HMR tho, I shoot super mag. image.jpg

4. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

5. RParrotte

RParrotte

Ok guy, thanks.

6. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I also happen to know owner of larger gun store in state who will order me stuff as a favor.. I mean ww1 German something mm Mauser in x type of powder so not to damage barrel was a no problem brother deal.. a couple of gunsmiths in family I will check prices on Monday and pm ya

7. bobdog2o02

bobdog2o02

so i think i said i had a savage. double checked today, its a marlin, bull barrel with adjustable trigger. At 100 yds today with 3-9 X 40mm Burris Fullfield LRS, shot a dime sized group with hornady ammo.

Beetle-Kill likes this.
  8. RParrotte

RParrotte

Sounds like a good friend to have!

Beetle-Kill likes this.
  9. CNE deer

CNE deer

I had a super mag and sold it , 3 shots on paper 4th was a flyer and it did that almost every time , cool gun but not a tack driver

Beetle-Kill likes this.
  10. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Picked up the Ruger tonight. No, I haven't shot it yet but I'm getting it ready.
    Initial impressions-
    - Trigger- Very impressed. I adjusted it to 52oz., very clean break. For a stock rimfire rifle, one of the best triggers I've run across.
    -Action- Barrel was supposed to be free-floated, some contact. I chucked it up in the vise and relieved the contact areas. After reinstalling it, the right side of the barrel channel needs more relief, 'bout .020 or so to match. The bedding blocks seemed tight, I hope they're consistent over time.
    -Bolt- Little rough, should work in just fine.
    -Crown- Crown looked nice, but shallow. If I thread it in the future, I'll address it at that point.
    -Sights/Butt- Open sights are fine, the butt insert is a neat idea. The 12.5" LOP is almost perfect for me with this stock, but I'm short.

New stuff showing up next week. I have a supply of the Hornady to test against the CCI. The Sweet 17- 3x 12 will be installed wed., I decided against installing the 6 x 18 for this rifle. And that's it for now. I shall update when I have something to add. :salute:

11. gboutdoors

gboutdoors

IMG_1800.JPG Love my Ruger 77 17 heavy barrel all weather with sweet 17 scope. Tack driver from 50 out to 175 yards. The tree rats hate it.

Also had her out to Montana for Jack rabbit cotton tails and prairie dogs. What fun. Did you know you can hunt rabbit at night with a light there? Can't remember what the limit was but I know we ate rabbit for 11 days.