In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Working for a friend

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Backwoods Savage, Aug 7, 2017.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,153
    Location:
    Central MI
    101_0726.JPG

    A dead apple. The friend comes out deer hunting onto a neighboring property but we always find some time to get together. He is a nice guy. I usually help him get his deer out and last year one time it took both my wife and I to track down a nice buck that somehow just kept on going. He had given up but I hadn't! He was very appreciative when we got that buck too.

    So while I was getting this apple I also took the time to do some trimming in lanes. I'll let things dry out a bit before returning to splitting and stacking.

    Actually it was nice and cool when I started but suddenly the sun came out and wow! It instantly felt like I was in a sauna.
     
  2. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
  3. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,135
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Yeah Buddy!!! That's what I would plan for it! :thumbs::drool:
     
  4. Woodsnwoods

    Woodsnwoods

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    Messages:
    3,067
    Likes Received:
    20,081
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
    How many cord is that?
     
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,153
    Location:
    Central MI
    Yes, that's what it will become.
     
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,153
    Location:
    Central MI
    :rofl: :lol: If I sold it like those bundles at 7-11 stores, it would not matter and I could afford to take in a movie or three.