In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Work thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by trapper brad, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Warner

Warner

Easy day today. 4 hours windshield time for a 3 yd. Concrete placement. Caught a colorful sunrise this morning. IMG_3887.jpeg Happy Friday.

2. Softwood

Softwood

Take the good with the bad.:yes:

3. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Thanks John.

Those cushions are life (and knee) savers. I carry that thing around like Linus (of the comic strip peanuts) with his blanket. I tried wearing knee pads years back as I did mostly roofing and they were like straight jackets for my knees. Those are nothing more than old chair cushions.

4. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Half day yesterday with AM rain. Rafters attached at wall and fascia set. Did get three sheets of wood down. Always a satisfying experience when you can stand on something that wasn't there the day before. IMG_5425.JPG IMG_5426.JPG IMG_5427.JPG IMG_5424.JPG

5. Buttermilk

Buttermilk

6. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Three. No heat or insulation. Just lights. He's an electrician.

7. Buttermilk

Buttermilk

Going to be a nice spot to sit and ponder.

8. Buttermilk

Buttermilk

Came in early to change a hose and charge the ac 20240513_053124.jpg

9. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Good day today. Closing it in. Plywood down. Worked on the end walls and set some underlayment before I finished up. IMG_5453.JPG IMG_5452.JPG IMG_5451.JPG IMG_5450.JPG IMG_5455.JPG IMG_5454.JPG

10. John D

John D

Nice job it’s really coming along

11. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Ends done, trim done (it will be wrapped with aluminum) and underlayment completed. Light rain today, but I have demo work inside to do. Nice to have a roof over your head when its raining. :singingintherain: IMG_5461.JPG IMG_5463.JPG IMG_5464.JPG IMG_5462.JPG

Last edited: May 15, 2024
  12. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Interior work while it rained yesterday. Demoed old garage overhang to set some cripple studs for plywood. I'm not finishing the inside walls and ceiling. They are kinda undecided on what they want.
    Ill finish that part today as its raining still. IMG_5466.JPG IMG_5468.JPG I hastily set the old gutter to lessen the splashing for now. It will get replaced. IMG_5465.JPG

13. Buttermilk

Buttermilk

20240516_151851.jpg Didn't take time to get pictures but this morning I had to charge the ac on a dump truck. Found the leak parts will be here in the morning. Then another driver asked me if I would adjust his brakes. I found a broken brake chamber rod on the lr, and a slack adjuster pin missing on the rf. This afternoon I was checking out the ac on this dozer and it needs a temp switch and a condenser fan.

14. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Blocked in and plywooded. May try to do the roof tomorrow but not sure if it will dry out enough. IMG_5469.JPG IMG_5470.JPG

15. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Great progress and nice work. Definitely a miserable day to be out there working construction. At least we'll be in a dry spell for a while after today.

16. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Thank you.

Not used to getting actual work done when its wet out. I was under cover so got some time in. Ran to supply house for aluminum trim and used their brake. Rain days are usually for running around, errands etc.

Screwloose, eatonpcat, John D and 5 others like this.
  17. Softwood

Softwood

buZZsaw BRAD Is the existing siding loose already so you can just slide the step flashing under when you get to shingling, or do you have to fight that battle yet? Looking good!

18. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

No shingles as its less than a 2/12 pitch. Two ply self adhering modified roofing. The siding is circa 1960's single 8" aluminum with a styrofoam backer insert. Hoping it isn't a b!tch to tuck 2-3" flap of membrane under it. Sparsely nailed when it was installed so I'm hoping (fingers crossed) it wont be. Old aluminum siding is next to impossible to relock if you take it apart. Why I left it in place. I am able to get vinyl corners and J channel color to match and i'll be repurposing the old siding I took off. I have that narrow strip on the left to reshingle.

Last edited: May 16, 2024
  19. Husky Man

Husky Man

I will let Buttermilk work on em’, drivin em’ is enough for me, I haven’t got the patience to be a wrench twister;)

Fortunately, the weather has changed quite a bit, this was back in Mid January, I “Brought some Work Home “ I don’t normally get to take the truck home, but with the conditions and routes I had then, it made sense, and the True Value account manager suggested it
    IMG_1606.jpeg
    IMG_2014.jpeg
    IMG_2019.jpeg
    I’m a “Flex Driver” for a national logistics company, True Value is one of our customers, starting to feel like I’m “Dedicated” to this account though. I have been on this account since the beginning of November, if not the longest time I’ve been on the same account, it will be soon. I expect to be on it for the foreseeable future, awhile back I was talking to the manager, and she said that she had four of us flex team drivers, and that I would be the last one she sent back when she got her roster filled out

That wasn’t an enjoyable experience getting the truck parked next to the house, I had to move three of my own trailers to make room, and worse, other than some empty pallets and totes, I was empty. Even with the outer four drivers chained up, I couldn’t get the traction to push the trailer back into the snowy driveway. I was getting embarrassed, an hour and a half to get it parked :mad: . These newer automatic transmissions use air pressure to shift, at least 100 psi, and I could only get a couple back and forths trying to rock it, then I would have to sit and wait for the air pressure to build up again , :hair: dayum, I MISS the manual transmissions:(, if I had been loaded, or dry pavement, it would have been a back and forth or two, and DONE, just like a teenager with his first Female “Companionship “, but nope, had to do it the hard way

Doug :cheers:

20. John D

John D

So they are company trucks and of course the company buys automatic because most people don’t or can’t drive standard
    But ether way your park job looks great