http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/index.php?threads/more-wood.5300/ Some of the smaller Maples around the big Cherry are coming off the hill Sunday, the one behind the Cherry will be first. Once I take care of the Maples and the Cherry in this area, up top on the big Maple is next, in between we'll get stacking and do some splitting.
Good luck on that job..... again looks alittle tricky, but you got it. This low humidity and cool temps are great, esp in the am. I finished some racks today, ill be stacking and cutting some oak tomorrow. Have fun!
The plan was just the Maples, I did get a couple of the small ones around the Cherry, after that I went back home to grab the winching equipment. Pic 9814 is after we winched the smaller Cherry down, picture 9815 is the bigger Cherry that we winched down (heavy mother) picture 9817 is after I bucked up some rounds so the area was cleaner, 9818 & 19 is some of the wood. The wife had brought back lunch so she said lets winch down both Cherry, she was in control of the winch, she saved me lots of work. 9810 is from our boat trip yesterday.
Good work bro! Paging through your pics gave me a great idea with pulling some logs out into safer cutting areas since ill be leaving the tops. Looks like you got a chit-ton of rounds today. Nice your wife helped! A day on the water looks good right about now!
For life. Thanks. I think that I have enough wood that I'll fill the last stacking area with ease. We still have some Brook work from what mother nature dumped in there from the ice storm.
The whole weekend was nice here, we took the boat out on Saturday.......we tugged and we pulled on some Cherry on Sunday so my We had another great weekend up here, so far this summer most of the weekends have been rain free but a little cool.
Back at this tomorrow for a few hours then I'll start splitting it once it's down the hill......once everything is split I'll be hauling it out to stack.
Good stuff there. I need to replace the pull cord on my 170. Then ill finish up some oak branches. Lost my crayon, need another to mark cuts. Be safe
Most of the cutting on this Cherry is done ( I still have the base of the Cherry to cut) picture 9851 is what I started with, picture 9855 is a Maple I'll grab and 9860 is some Cherry that has been in the woods so I'm starting to haul a load of wood out every time I come out. Either tomorrow or Wednesday I'll be rolling the rounds down the hill.
Zap, great shots (as usual). Just out of curiosity, how much wood is split in other locations and just waiting to be picked up? Do you usually have a timeline when you get out of the woods and concentrate on work at home?
It's a sickness (wood cutting) after cutting the Cherry tonight I went to get the split Cherry, I found two more damaged Cherry! Three pictures two trees.
Sort of, I was hanging a right on the trail when I noticed the Cherry, both should be easy drops. There's a very dangerous old Maple in that area, I'm thinking our first good windstorm or this winter will take it down, I'll get a picture this week.
We have five different piles laying around in the woods, this won't include the Cherry I've been working on. I don't have any timeline, just certain things will get done before the snow starts. The biggest thing the wife wants me to do is clear an old trail so we can use it, imagine that......more work in the woods. I'm liking that I kept going this summer, the inventory of wood is looking real nice, I do need to get some stacking done before I start on the Sugar Maple up top. This will sound crazy but I'm behind on my shoulder season wood, maybe I won't have a break! My neighbor never ordered his wood until 2 weeks ago, I'm not sure if he'll get it..... I can't let him freeze so some of the inventory might go.