This is what we have left for shoulder season wood we planned on burning, since it turned cold early we switched to Cherry so once we get done burning the rest of the Cherry this will come in. The other picture is some chunks I need to stack.
Some rain last night and today, colder tomorrow with warmer weather moving Thursday with more rain on the weekend, yes we're real wet. We've lost a lot of snow which we like, hopefully with the warmer weather with more rain will allow me to get back in with the Rhino a week from Saturday so I can start cutting.
We're pushing in more Cherry tonight, I hope this will get us through April but I think Mother Nature might have another surprise coming at the east coast. I'll cover another stack of dead elm (my guess) with some other types of wood that we'll use after the Cherry & Hemlock are gone.
Weird long winter for the North East & North central US. Might be burning into May if these temps hang around . Thought I'd have some left over but may use it all up . Sure nice to have 3+ year really dry wood. Was hoping to start next burn season with some 4 year seasoned wood. Time will tell.
I think we'll be burning well into May. All the wood we planned on burning was burned an then some, the good thing is it's replaced already. It's time to replace the replacement wood or the stacks just won't look right.
Last year I was burning in May, was hoping not to have to this year. Good deal You are way ahead of most of us. Your stacks are always perfect, you replace the laser battery yet ? LOL I have the replacement wood stacked up & uncovered , & seasoning but will wait for Oct to replace the replacement wood.
We pushed in another small load of Cherry just for the heck of it, my guards are watching the rest of it.
Cherry stack seems to be well guarded & 3 rows or more deep Few cord of prime wood there When's it time for fawning ?