Got the patio filled, so I'm ready when it arrives. I was hauling some skids a few weeks ago and came across a real nice specialty skid of all oak. 10' x 5' and a couple loose oak 4x4 there too. The light went off and I had a few sheets of steel roofing that I had cut to top cover, but too much wind so couldn't keep them on the regular piles. No fooling with messy tarps this year, even had enough roll roofing laying around to cover before putting the steel on. My helper approves. Last picture is what I used to do.
Nice roof you put together. I'm ready as well. The temps are finally starting to drop here in NY. Gonna put some splits in tonight to get the chill out the house.. Stay warm pal
That is a nice setup, you really don't have to go too far to get at your splits. Do you have a system for bringing loads into the house?
He's quite the ornery poser, but he loves to help dad with the wood, especially enjoys carrying off the splitter trash and bark.
Just over a cord not counting the end racks as I don't burn off of them, just there to hold the middle pile. Actually I put fresh cut and split stuff on the racks and generally use cherry just so it looks purty lookin' out the door.
I have a firewood tote bag that my wife got me from LL Bean that I use sometimes or just grab an arm load and put in the firewood box. I generally keep about 2 days worth in by the stove unless we have some bad weather moving in I might pile a bit more.