In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Winter coming on strong

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by bogydave, Sep 29, 2015.

  1. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    To snow here tonight :

    tdywtr.jpg

    I got yard work to do,:confused:
    hope it dries & warms up in a few weeks so I can get the leaves pick up.
     
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Well Seasoned, pql1, Stinny and 2 others like this.
  2. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Link didn't work.

    Good to hear, I think, Dave. But as quite often happens, there is more we should get done outdoors before the albino rain falls. And you no doubt have some wood cutting to be done yet too. Might have to put on a hurry this fall? But at least you won't be hungry with the moose meat put up this year.

    I finally got the bike out. Will make a new thread about it. But you can imagine just how badly I wanted to get on that thing and head down the road! That part has to wait a bit though.
     
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Well Seasoned and papadave like this.
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Those new "pop up boxes" at the bottom right keep getting in the way of reading posts

    Yea, River & creeks were low this year from the low snow levels in the mtns last winter.
    This rain will bring them up for a short time, but they'll drop fast when it stops.

    Should be snowing in the mts, a good thing.
     
    Well Seasoned and papadave like this.
  4. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Temp not bad, (37°) but it feels real cold with the 7 mph wind with the rain.
    Had 24° last week, didn't fell as cold outside then as it does today.
     
    Well Seasoned, HDRock and papadave like this.
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Funny how the rain will mess with ya' when it's a little cool out.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  7. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Yea
    Tends to steal any motivation I had
    Was gonna dig potatoes today, not happening :(
    We have a dry day in the forecast, hope to get some yard/garden stuff done then, will be a busy day!
     
    Well Seasoned, HDRock and papadave like this.
  8. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Leaves are just starting to change here
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  9. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Leaves 90 % on the yard & driveway here
    pic a minute ago, raining pretty hard now
    DSCF5606.JPG DSCF5605.JPG
     
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Doing some ss today. The plan to get in the woods has gone by the wayside.
    Maybe I'll make a pie instead. It'll warm up the house.
     
    NYCountry, Well Seasoned and HDRock like this.
  11. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    SIL needed to go to Anchorage
    Went with & we stopped a Cabela's.
    Kicked the tires on some stuff , didn't buy anything
    Thought prices were a bit high.
    Lots of goos stuff to look at though. :)

    Went thru a snow storm, real wet stuff not sticking..... Yet >>>>.
    Is still raining when we got home.
     
  12. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Take some snow pics, we need to get used to seeing it again. Have you had the blaze king going yet?

    Edit: just saw your other burning thread
     
    papadave and Chvymn99 like this.
  13. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Woke up to this:
    DSCF5610.JPG
     
    Chvymn99, HDRock, papadave and 2 others like this.
  14. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    It will be in full swing before we know. I'm gonna run the brush thru the pipe again this weekend just to see if anything comes out. Always like to have it cleaned..
     
    HDRock and papadave like this.
  15. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    We, what is this "we" stuff. I like snow,..... when it is on a post card! Snow comes and looks pretty for a while, but then it wears out its welcome. Snow is ok by me for Christmas and New Years, then it can go back up north. Ok, I know I've lost my mind! :hair:
     
    HDRock and NYCountry like this.
  16. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I'm with you