In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

WinonaRail's Wood Yard

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by WinonaRail, Sep 7, 2021.

  1. WinonaRail

    WinonaRail

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2020
    Messages:
    4,017
    Likes Received:
    19,867
    Location:
    Indiana, US
    Sounds like you're still killing the bundle market! I've stopped setting goals at this point. I'm focused on selling what I have and what I can make the best profit on. Numbers will be whatever they are. My sales dollars are probably about the same as last year. I'd love to see the dollars increase but I'm doing it with less wood so that's still a plus.

    My biggest change from last year is I haven't been able to buy any processed wood at all. I've been flipping firewood, probably close to 25-30% of my total sales. I typically had to resplit a lot of it but it really filled in the gaps for my inventory.
     
  2. WinonaRail

    WinonaRail

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2020
    Messages:
    4,017
    Likes Received:
    19,867
    Location:
    Indiana, US
    How are fuel prices affecting your business? Gas just came down to about $3.75. Diesel is $6.79. My F150 is dead so I have to borrow my father-in-law's F350 dually for now for deliveries (which I don't do very often).