In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Window & door insulation advice please?

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by wildwest, Oct 30, 2017.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks Dave, I am cautious, I clean out the dryer tube and the ducting in the dryer too :yes:
    Thank you for the input BB :)

Thank you Chris, and I will use the shiny silver tape like yooperdave advised.

I just had a very educational conversation with a man in MA. Nelson Warner at Tamarack Technologies, he was so kind and explained how high winds affects pressure outside vs pressure inside the house, and some or a lot of the flapping from my dryer vent is my house equalizing, not just the wind pulling it open. He talked about air quality too, I no longer regret sending the warm moist air out the vent instead of breathing it in here (leads back to chris mentioning the dryer sheets/lint glue I get on my dryer lint trap as well).

I am buying one of these, outside vent TBD.

[​IMG]

bogieb, yooperdave and papadave like this.
  2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Bill, I am googling the shuttle type, the only ones I see are top flap, could you link me up?

Scratch that, found it, thanks! That and the back draft sleeve if the wind lifts the float :yes:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    bogieb and papadave like this.