In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Widowmaker video

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by HDRock, Mar 24, 2016.

  1. UncleJoe

    UncleJoe

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    1,467
    Likes Received:
    5,854
    Location:
    SC Pa
    A lot of folks like and respect him.

    I just don't understand why he would post this when it's quite obvious that it went entirely wrong. :rolleyes:
     
  2. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Back cut them! "slowly" straight cut them about waist high on the "leaning too" side. The cut will open up and begin to crack, back up and let it drop/fall. Repeat if necessary.
     
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  3. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Even in slow motion, it's hard to see the cable it's moving so fast. Definately don't want to be any where near it.

     
  4. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,453
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Bob, I hope you are ashamed of that.
     
  5. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,453
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    I said Consummate V's!!!!! Right bobdog2o02 ?
     
  6. bobdog2o02

    bobdog2o02

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2015
    Messages:
    3,010
    Likes Received:
    10,445
    Location:
    Drury Lane, PA
    The scroll, the scroll. The buttons, the buttons.
     
    Star Gazer and Horkn like this.
  7. Mag Craft

    Mag Craft

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,802
    Likes Received:
    27,736
    Location:
    South East Wyoming
    I like Welder Dave's method for falling a hung up tree. I have done a couple myself and what Dave is saying works. Sometimes you do have to pull them if they are hung up pretty good but at least cut it first like Dave is saying.

    Some pretty funny videos you guys.