In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Who's got an indoor "gasser"

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by fuelrod, Dec 22, 2016.

1. fuelrod

fuelrod

I used to tease my "guy's" on the job. Told them that if they fell, on the way down your fired, and when you hit the ground, your trespassing:rofl: :lol:

2. Flamestead

Flamestead

I'd have to dig the quote out. Some cracked slate and we had a driving rain from the east this Fall that leaked around a chimney. It is a big hip roof, with slate on top of cedar shingles (house footprint is 40x44).

I do fine on the staging at these heights, and not too bad up on the roof, but am not one to happily do the transition from ladder to roof and back at these heights. The staging was borrowed, and could probably be borrowed again, but I've had a back surgery since I did this, and am not sure it is worth the risk to do it all myself. I've been tempted to buy a 60' lift in hopes I could reach the chimney tops (and drop a second liner for another stove).

With the big door in the walkout basement it would be a nice way to get wood to a basement boiler, but I'm thinking even nicer to have the all the wood for a season in a shed right next to the boiler up at my shop.
    DSC02466.JPG

3. fuelrod

fuelrod

Call it maturity, experience or just good common sense, I know what you mean, that chit just don't grow back like it used to when you were bulett proof.:eek: