In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Who'd be interested in a big GTG here in Central PA?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Scotty Overkill, Feb 13, 2022.

?

Who's in for The Hawg Days of Summer 2022 GTG??

1. YES we're coming to Hawg Days GTG!!

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. We MIGHT be coming to Hawg Days GTG

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. NO, sadly we can't make it to Hawg Days GTG

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. blacksmith

blacksmith

I know Scotty made the thread here for our GTG and I made one over on OPE.

I am just wondering if anyone from FHC also said that also said they were coming on the OPE thread.

Just curious as it's getting close and we would like to try to get an accurate count.

2. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Joe, I did reply over there too.

3. blacksmith

blacksmith

Ok.

4. blacksmith

blacksmith

This is what I posted over on the OPE forum.

As for food and who's bringing what. I guess instead of starting another thread for the food for this GTG I'll just put it here.

The stuff that we plan on providing will be....

Paper plates
    Cutlery
    Napkins
    Cups
    Apple sausage
    Brisket
    Pork butts or chicken (not sure which yet).
    Hamburgers and hotdogs

Whatever other people are bringing if they could just copy and paste this post to your post put your name beside what you are planning on bringing. This way it will make it easier for people to see the whole list of what people are bringing. Thank you for your time and patience in advance!

5. blacksmith

blacksmith

So between Scotty on here and me over there we can converse and keep the list updated on both forum's.

6. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Paper plates
    Cutlery
    Napkins
    Cups
    Apple sausage
    Brisket
    Hamburgers and hotdogs

Drinks/Ice - 2 liter soda's, case of water, couple gallon jugs of tea & lemonade - Jason

7. Ohio

Ohio

8. Chud

Chud

Myself and 3 others.

9. jo191145

jo191145

Just me, and the FHC signs. Instead of traveling with food I’ll buy whatever’s needed there. Someone put together a list of what’s needed and I’ll get it. Anyone know how to cook prime rib? Always in the mood for a good prime rib :)

10. Chud

Chud

I’m open to suggestions for what to bring. Are there non perishables that are always in short supply?
    Our plan is to be there Thur-Sunday and sleeping on the chips.

11. blacksmith

blacksmith

blacksmithPinnacle OPE Member
    As for food and who's bringing what. I guess instead of starting another thread for the food for this GTG I'll just put it here.

Paper plates
    Cutlery
    Napkins
    Cups
    Apple sausage
    Brisket
    Hamburgers and hotdogs

Whatever other people are bringing if they could just copy and paste this post to your post put your name beside what you are planning on bringing. This way it will make it easier for people to see the whole list of what people are bringing. Thank you for your time and patience in advance!

Duane(Pa) BBQ baked beans
    The Wood Wolverine Drinks/Ice - 2 liter soda's, case of water, couple gallon jugs of tea & lemonade - Jason

12. jo191145

jo191145

Just read your thread on the other forum. Not a member so I’ll toss this here. Read you were having some difficulty getting some of the wood out.
    Would it help if I brought this rig along? No dragging through mud. How steep is the mountain? LOL

22894CE2-7D9E-4887-9196-9E230B4483A9.jpeg

13. Chud

Chud

The Wood Wolverine Drinks/Ice - 2 liter soda's, case of water, couple gallon jugs of tea &lemonade - Jason
    My space is limited and it may be super limited because I’m not sure what I’m driving yet. I don’t think I can trust the van to make it through the commonwealth. 4 adults with saws and related gear is going to be challenging. I’ll pack a few watermelons, an extra case or 2 of water, a couple pies, a bag of apples and oranges. The Mt Airy boys will probably have 2 liters of soda, chips, pretzels, pork rinds etc

14. blacksmith

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
    New
    blacksmithPinnacle OPE Member
    As for food and who's bringing what. I guess instead of starting another thread for the food for this GTG I'll just put it here. I'll do my best to make sure that the food post stays updated on both sites. If you see a name that is not highlighted on your site then they belong to the opposite site.

Paper plates
    Cutlery
    Napkins
    Cups
    Apple sausage
    Brisket
    Hamburgers and hotdogs

@Wolverine Drinks/Ice - 2 liter soda's, case of water, couple gallon jugs of tea & lemonade - Jason
    PA Dan some bags of snacks chips, pretzels and stuff and some kind of desert.
    Chud I’ll pack a few watermelons, an extra case or 2 of water, a couple pies, a bag of apples and oranges. The Mt Airy boys will probably have 2 liters of soda, chips, pretzels, pork rinds etc

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  15. blacksmith

blacksmith

That would be a definite help depending on where people mind splitting the wood.

It's not terribly steep although the one area is kind of steep but that wood is more at the top and the bottom of those areas. There is two ways in to get the wood. A longer more gentle route and a steeper and more direct route depending on which way you want to go.

16. jo191145

jo191145

ok, sounds like fun to me

17. blacksmith

blacksmith

I work 2nd shift and will be heading out for work by 2:00. If you plan on getting in town sometime before that I can meet up with you.

18. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I am still planning on coming but not yet certain which days I'll be there. I'll try to bring something good but will have to update later.

19. Chud

Chud

My bad, I assumed things kicked off Thursday night. If the gates are locked we’ll be the greeting committee on Friday.

20. blacksmith

blacksmith

That's fine you can come Thursday and get set up if you want. I was just back there today and told them after I saw your post that some people plan on coming on Thursday. They said that's fine. You'd just be on your own for eats.

Like I said if you're gonna be in before 2:00 I can be there to greet you. I may be back there anyways helping to start setting some stuff up.