In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Whitfield Advantage pellet stove, vacuum switch question..

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Fmt2bx, Feb 24, 2020.

1. don2222

don2222

Hi
    Good work!
    Where did you install the port for the negative pressure?
    Any pics?

2. Fmt2bx

Fmt2bx

Thanks. No pix but I ll get some tomorrow . I put a Y connector to the existing port. There was enough (- ) pressure there to activate the switch. I mounted the electrical in series with the other (+) switch. I didn't installed the HIGH Temp switch to the exhaust as SnowyR did. That might be a project for later. :)

I'd say my only concern would be to get ashes inside port and have the stove stop but a quick clean up would fix that. I feel better knowing that the stove will stop quickly if exhaust blower fails.

I'll open up stove tomorrow and get pictures..

Thanks again for all your help.

imacman likes this.
  3. don2222

don2222

Thanks
    I just checked my Whitfield Port with a Manometer and the air pressure went from -0.13 up to 0.00 at high exhaust fan voltage as I opened up the damper rod. Does that vacuum switch make the stove stop if you open the damper up all the way or if the heat level is lowered down to heat level 1?
    Also what is the trip point of your new vacuum switch in W.C. ??

4. Fmt2bx

Fmt2bx

Ahhh good point, I haven't tried to open the damper.. The switch I got is 0.15 WC.. I do not have a manometer so I can't tell you what I get but it works at level one.
    Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 8.01.11 PM.jpg

I will let you know about the damper... I am going to test that

imacman likes this.