In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

When you felt old?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Greenstick, May 26, 2020.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

Well, at least you guys didn't roll out of bed! :D

Loon, savemoney, metalcuttr and 9 others like this.
  2. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Heh ! Try going to the bathroom at 4am when you're bouncing around like a pogo stick ! No Bueno ! I won't try that stuff after the 4th go around. never.

Loon, savemoney, metalcuttr and 7 others like this.
  3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Funny, right when I hit the "post reply" button I thought, "I wonder how much mileage Eric can get outta this one" :rofl: :lol: :thumbs:

Loon, savemoney, metalcuttr and 9 others like this.
  4. Ronaldo

Ronaldo

I got along quite well till I hit 50. Lower back bothers a bit, old shoulder and knee injuries talk to me most everyday now.
    I do what I can and try to work smarter.....

Loon, savemoney, metalcuttr and 8 others like this.
  5. Screwloose

Screwloose

When today's technology put me in the "VCR flashing 12:00" club my parents were in.

Loon, savemoney, metalcuttr and 10 others like this.
  6. blacktail

blacktail

One day a few months ago, I went outside, opened my garage, put the key back in its hiding place, and forgot why I was going in the garage.
    I'm almost 42 and have really notice in the last 2-3 years that I've mellowed out some, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Loon, moresnow, savemoney and 8 others like this.
  7. Eckie

Eckie

Bahahahaha thats funny right there! And if your parents (especially mom, daddy only cared cause momma was riled up about it) were anything like mine, that was a problem of the most magnificant order that had to be addressed immediately!

Hitting 40 was fine for me. But I dont know who flipped some kind of switch...but literally when i hit 41, things started talking to me. And there's a guy that i went to high school with at work, he said the exact same thing....

My mom has bad arthritis. The way i feel sometimes, and the pops and cracks makes me wonder what road I'm going to be going down in the future.. Anybody do any of that "preventative" eating or taking certain things (food, supplements etc, not actual prescriptions) for aches/pains/ arthritis type issues?

Loon, metalcuttr, Chvymn99 and 5 others like this.
  8. Loon

Loon

Yup 50 hit me very well. :whistle: :coldone:

[​IMG]

9. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::thumbs:

I hope that car is China and the driver is the North American consumer!

10. Stinny

Stinny

Had to be fun tricking up that car to run along fine, until it fell apart like that. Kinda like us... ;)

11. justdraftn

justdraftn

....wow....

I just turned 69 going on 16.
    I'm fighting it all the way.
    Stretch every morning.
    Yoga /core exercise at least once a week.
    Back to 100 mile weeks on my bike.
    Always have a project in the works.
    You're only as old as you think you are.

Chvymn99, Loon, Stinny and 9 others like this.
  12. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

What you saying "fell apart" ?

Chvymn99, Loon, savemoney and 6 others like this.
  13. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Yes, he has used it and does use it daily and more than once a day. It helps.

Chvymn99, Loon, savemoney and 4 others like this.
  14. Backwoods Savage

The reason for washing is in case you touch the eyes or even get it inside the mouth or nose. It also can be nasty on an open sore.

Chvymn99, Loon, savemoney and 4 others like this.
  15. Greenstick

Greenstick

Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    In the last year or so I have become a religious user of turmeric with peperine. Was taking aleve a lot and was looking for something not so hard on my stomach. It helps with inflammation, joint health, blood sugar stability, is a natural immune system booster, and many other things. I really like the idea it is food and if I want to take more I can because it is food. Hardly touch aleve anymore. Is it a miracle cure, no, does it help, for me noticeably for anyone else who knows. This is my nickel worth of free advice.

Chvymn99, Farmchuck, Loon and 8 others like this.
  16. JCMC

JCMC

Sometimes my water valve just opens!:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::picard:

Chvymn99, Loon, savemoney and 6 others like this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

It seems most have tended to feel old when they noticed some physical things not working the same as they once did. Ha! Try doing pushups!

Actually if I used the physical part to feel old I have been old longer than many of the guys on this forum have lived. But even the bad accident I had in 1984 did not make me feel old. For sure it made me hurt a lot and I still hurt daily from that, but it did not make me feel old.

I have to say that I started feeling old around age 67 or 68. The reason is that my energy level really went to pot along with several other things. Having 3 hip surgeries certainly did their damage too. I no longer can get on my bike and ride 100 miles (that is on a bicycle). Shoot, I can't even ride the thing and can barely get on it. I've had cataract surgery and also wear trifocals. Having degenerative disc disease means my whole spine is going bad and I'm still waiting to get that needed surgery on my neck to fix some problems there. dammed virus...

All in all, my body has paid the price of me not taking care of it when I was young, I guess. In all, I have had 16 surgeries and for sure that takes a toll over time and I'm facing at least one more; soon I hope.

Many bad mouth medicines and especially pain medicines. I don't as they have kept me alive. The pain medicines also allow me to at least get a few things done. So long as you do not over-use them, they can be your friend. Remember that as you age. I used to cringe looking at the pills old people take and suddenly I'm in the same boat. Yet without them, life would be Hell or no life at all. Especially when I think of the stomach surgeries I've had plus the gall bladder that swelled and burst.

In just another month (June 30) my wife and I will celebrate our 58th wedding anniversary. Without her, I would have never made it this far. Unlike others who complain about their spouse, we are very happy and have been since long before our marriage. Both of us have slowed considerably and sometimes do swear at the age thing but we continue to live day by day and thank the Lord for it.

Ron T, oldspark, Chvymn99 and 14 others like this.
  18. Screwloose

Screwloose

On a plus note I don't have to worry about getting kidnapped for some organ harvesting scheme.

Chvymn99, Farmchuck, Loon and 8 others like this.
  19. Ohio dave

Ohio dave

Physically startied feeling around 51 when my knees started hurting at the end of work day.
    A couple of things made me feel old mentally at a some what younger age.
    My wedding when the minister said and now introducing Mr and Mrs x. I literally waited for my parents to stand up. I was 32.
    When I turned 40 and one of my coworkers said I was older than his dad.
    My youngest finishing high school last year didn't bother my too much but I hate to see what the kids getting married having their own kids will do

Chvymn99, Loon, metalcuttr and 5 others like this.
  20. Screwloose

Screwloose

Don't feel to bad about not being able to ride that bike contraption you have Dennis, and you think my splitter is scary. 58 years!! Congratulations !! And I totally get the spine disease, fun isn't it.......out of nowhere it instantly makes my leg feel like it's literally been set on fire.

Chvymn99, Loon, metalcuttr and 5 others like this.