In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

Yeah, I know.....right?

It's just that I have such bad timing that whenever I pass a construction site, it always seems that at least some workers are on a break of some sort! :rofl: :lol:

Quite a number of my friends worked for the road commission. One of them was a new hire and as he was welcomed onto the road crew he was told he had to buy T-shirts with the pockets sewn on upside down. You know, the ones that you can stick the shovel handle into them while you're standing around?

Another time, every time they stopped to fill some pot holes, himself and 2 others would get out, grab the shovels and start filling holes with road patch. The other 2 would stop right away and light up a cigarette while he kept working.....since he was new. After the 3rd or 4th time this happened, he too stopped working, grabbed himself a stick of gum and joined them standing around.

They asked him why aren't you working?

Well, you two aren't working.

We're taking a smoke break.

Well, I don't smoke but I'll join you with a stick of gum. :D