In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

I'm glad that roof is done. I was hoping to get the gable ends closed in too, but I ran out of daylight.

20240701_090133.jpg

wildwest, SimonHS, savemoney and 10 others like this.
  2. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

121 bags of insulation. What a job. Found some interesting old packages in the attic.

20240701_190830.jpg

wildwest, SimonHS, savemoney and 7 others like this.
  3. yooperdave

yooperdave

[​IMG]

4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Truth! :hair:

5. Horkn

Horkn

After dinner yesterday, I went to my wood pile and split a good amount of wood. The trailer was then filled with splits to go into the shed for future winters. I also brought up enough uglies for a fire in the patio in the fire pit. We didn't even watch TV last night. Pups are tired from playing last night, which is good because today is supposed to be a rain most of the day type of day today. They'll be able to sleep and not go bonkers in the house today

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024 at 9:09 AM
  6. savemoney

savemoney

People are climbing mountains & zip lining & I'm feeling good I got my leg through my underwear without falling down

7. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

kind of. And messy. Threw everything I was wearing in the garbage afterwards.

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Oh boy, what was in them? Remind me what year that house was built?

9. bogieb

bogieb

Yesterday I started mowing and shortly into it my trusty Toro Recylcer spit off the cable for the forward assist. As in it broke the connector to the bar clean off. That made mowing the hills, moist areas where the vegetation grows thick, and turns on my very bumpy yard with an 83# mower challenging. Will be getting it fixed and serviced. Can't complain, I've done absolutely nothing but top off this mower with oil and gas (it is a non-oil change unit) and throw Seafoam into the gas tank at the end of the season for 3 years. It has never given me any issue and always starts on the 1st or 2nd pull. Probably means after servicing it will last last year.

Thinking about getting a battery mower as a back up that would at least be able to do the yard around the house if the gas mower goes down (which is about half of my 4/10 acre yard). I used to keep 2 gas mowers, but even keeping them serviced yearly I would have problems getting and keeping them started. I already have a bunch of Ryobi batteries for my other tools, so it would fit in nicely.

Of course, my 10% off coupon at HD expired on the 30th, and I'm just rolling the thought around in my mind for now, so I may or may not do anything.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 3:18 AM
  10. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

I remember one was "rodenticide meal", I think most of the rest were just old food containers and such. Nothing worth trying to keep, just enough to be entertaining for a moment. I'm not positive exactly how old the house is, but I think it's at least close to 100 years. The insulation i removed wasn't all that old, just ruined by debris and moisture and traffic in the attic.

I still have to clean up a bunch of small debris up there, then the next job is laying a system of floor joists, and place new insulation between them to keep warm next winter. Hopefully next year, or whenever I can afford it, I plan to build a whole new roof, move the insulation into the new ceiling, take the chance to replace the electric wires, and then make rooms upstairs.

yooperdave and Backwoods Savage like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I have much work to do today, if my body will let me.

12. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I feeling same; want to finish some open project as I got a helper today

yooperdave likes this.
  13. yooperdave

yooperdave

.........always. Nice thing about not getting it all done, it'll be waiting for when the time comes.

Right now, company visiting is much more important than accomplishing work, tasks, jobs. :handshake:

theburtman likes this.