In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Well I be danged, it worked! All quiet now! :thumbs: :handshake: :rofl: :lol:

2. bogieb

bogieb

Attended the BOS meeting last week as they were having a hearing on making a couple of streets in town ATV pass-thru's to connect the rail trails on either side of town. an ATV club is petitioning for it. One of those streets is my street and it would only be for ATVs and during the legal season (which changes every year depending on the mud conditions). And, of course, legal hours per F&G.

I'm rather agnostic on the matter. As long as they stay on the street it's fine. No worse than the regular traffic with the spunked up exhausts of cars and trucks, as well as the motorcycles that go thru.

I was rather unimpressed by the guy that represented the club as pretty much his prepared presentation was a map showing the corridor. If I were him, I would have had much more to present such as a little background and the approvals they have from the towns on the connecting sides. Also, would have gone over some of the other routes they had proposed to the town and the reasons those were not carried forth with. Instead, everyone had to ask questions to get any information. At the same time, it was clear that he wasn't a smooser, just a regular guy who probably wasn't comfortable facing the 20 or so people that lived along that route that weren't all on the same page.

3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

The thing about this all is that I'm a fellow ATV enthusiast, have several of my own, including some with loud pipes, but nothing to the level of this neighbors new bike! And I would never spend hours on end rattling everyone's windows in the neighborhood either (these people really don't have anywhere to ride, so they are on the road, a walking trail (illegal) and back a field access driveway for the farm they live in front of (their house is a rental) back n forth over this same area, for hours on end, bouncing the engine off the rev limiter!
    I grew up in the neighborhood, and know all the neighbors (except these people, since they are relatively new) and I guarantee you, we aren't the only ones annoyed...

savemoney, yooperdave, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

They are not doing their job very well around here.

savemoney, bogieb, eatonpcat and 3 others like this.
  5. Backwoods Savage

One big problem is that many get annoyed but then only complain to their friends and neighbors. To do something they must go to authorities who have some power to put an end to it. Trouble is, so many "don't want to get involved." When I was on the township board I then learned some would but they would do it only with a phone call so they didn't have to show their face. Frustrating indeed. Then to top it off, if only one person makes contact, it becomes a non-problem because there is only 1 person complaining.

savemoney, bogieb, eatonpcat and 3 others like this.
  6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Understood...if it continues on I have no problem talking with the other neighbors and raising a stink with either the sheriff, or the landlord, who probably knows nothing about it at this point...I know they've thrown riff raff types out before (and this bunch seems to be of that definition)

7. Warner

Warner

Maybe the landlord will be happy they have been aerating the lawn? :tears:

8. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

9. Horkn

Horkn

10. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Just a little. I don't think I've seen a wheel rot out like that before.

11. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

New place in Spread Eagle. Never seen mitten housewrap before...

DSCF7426.JPG DSCF7424.JPG

12. lukem

lukem

I went to the gravel pit yesterday morning to get a load of rock to put in a landscape bed. I told the lady at the scale I wanted 5,000lbs. She radio'd back to "Dale" and told me where to go. Dale showed up in the roughest looking and roughest sounding wheel loader you can imagine. It had to be one bucket shake away from death. He got a load of rock and sprinkled it on the trailer.

I went back on the scale and netted 4,880 lbs of rock. Looked like a 4 yard bucket and he was only about 1 wheelbarrow load short, and I would bet you any amount of money that POS loader didn't have scales on it. Good operaters are amazing.

savemoney, Horkn, Chvymn99 and 10 others like this.
  13. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Rough day here...tree trimmers showed up to take 5-6 wrong way leaning oak trees down next to the power lines at work...told them we wanted the wood, but they pretty much chipped the top half of the 2 trees that they got down between the rain drops...I couldn't bear to watch...they chipped at least a cord of primo limb firewood...like branches 10' long and 8" diameter! :hair:

14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:confused:

15. Backwoods Savage

It can be amazing how close one can estimate the right amount! Good man; cheap equipment.

16. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Ordered some parts on ebay they other day, from Grand Rapids, so I'd think shipping should be quick, no?
    Well I looked yesterday and it was in some lil burg outside Chitcago...hmm, that's in the wrong direction, but hey, whatever.
    Looked today and it has now went right past me, and is near Harrisburg PA!
    I really don't get how the USPS operates!? Not very well obviously! :hair:

17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I ordered live fish that were accidentally shipped to 97070 in California. Years ago Husband's Grandma mailed me some piano sheet music, it never came...til 3 months later! Sometimes USPS is a crap shoot.

No Wait! There's more. I posted a wanted ad on the local chicken on FB several weeks ago. A gal answered, said there was a sale in Colorado, I thanked her and declined. Next thing she's messaging me all the time like I'm her best friend and said she bought some for me I can have for free. Then I figured out she lives 3 hours north of me. It keeps going, WWW calls her my chicken stalker. Anyway we both ordered a chicken supplement from Ebay and seller switched our orders, hers is here in my post office and mine is lost in the USPS somewhere :rofl: :lol::hair::rofl: :lol:

Last edited: May 30, 2024
    SimonHS, savemoney, Horkn and 7 others like this.
  18. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:dex:

Re-lit the fire from minimal pine "coals" and kraft paper from Amazon packing. :banana::dancer:

SimonHS, bogieb, savemoney and 6 others like this.
  19. Backwoods Savage

And Judy still gets lots of mail... Many days she gets more that I do. Well, its nice to know there are others who remember.

20. Horkn

Horkn

Grrrr. I guess you needed to be wayyyyy more specific. That would've had me headed over there to inform them that you wanted to but the stuff down to say 4" or so. :headbang:

wildwest and Backwoods Savage like this.