In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

lukem don’t even know what you do.. that company going to miss you!!

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Crap! Literally. I had a stomach but a couple weeks ago and lower digestion never fully recovered. Lots of bed time and sleep, turned worse couple days ago. Thank goodness for pepto and Prep H. Plain french bread the last couple days, might have taken it too far today, dipped some crust in WWW spaghetti sauce and had a couple bites of slow cooked sausage. Looking forward to another long evening/night in bed. Wow, pepto rocks!

Chvymn99, savemoney, JD Guy and 5 others like this.
  3. Horkn

Horkn

Right? All I know is he busted his butt for that company.

GL with your new job

Chvymn99, savemoney, wildwest and 4 others like this.
  4. lukem

lukem

I'm not going to miss them.

Chvymn99, savemoney, wildwest and 7 others like this.
  5. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

New house on Blaketown pond. Not bad.

DSCF7433.JPG

6. JD Guy

JD Guy

I had a similar experience several months ago, just couldn’t get the lower GI back to where it needed to be. Miserable is right. Did tests but proved nothing. Dr prescribed some antibiotics and said this should work. The good news is you will feel better, the bad news is we will never know what caused it. I was good with it :thumbs:

7. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Glad your better! I have my fingers crossed for me so I don't have to go to the doc, not out of the woods yet but much better.

Chvymn99, yooperdave, JD Guy and 6 others like this.
  8. savemoney

savemoney

Consider taking probiotics. this puts good stuff back in the bowel so it works as intended.

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thank, I've been taking some, forgot today, thank you for the reminder.

10. JD Guy

JD Guy

Yes, I forgot that the doc also had me take probiotics for a time too!

11. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

House down the street is a rental...the people that have been in there the last year or so seem a lil "riff raffy"...their teenage kids are constantly buzzing all over the neighborhood on some junky ole go cart, mini bike, or some such scooter with the muffler cut off...well apparently they just got a four wheeler...sounds like a big bore 4 stroke, my guess is about a 450, with a VERY loud pipe...they've been running this thing around for at least the last 8 hours now, almost non stop...its after 11 pm, we have the windows open to try to enjoy some cool evening air, but these lil punks are getting on my last nerve...I mean everyone within 1/2 mile radius has known for the last 7.5 hrs that the rev limiter works just fine! :hair::hair::hair:
    Be a real shame if some dirt clods accidently fell into the oil overnight...:whistle:

12. bogieb

bogieb

Yesterday was not the greatest start to the long weekend. Well, I mean, it was an off-Friday so I got to start the weekend early, so that was good. I had lots of plans to get some stuff done then head into the capital city to visit a couple BBS before all the summah people started swarming the area and clogging the roadways (which means I have to leave by 10:30 at the latest). So, I got all stinky and then started up the shower to clean up before leaving the house.

Stuck my hand in there to adjust temp (thank goodness) and found it was pouring out 55* water. Hmm, not good and I'd had hot water earlier. Went down and my combi-boiler (which I had just had yearly maintenance done 2 weeks ago), was throwing codes. I checked the propane and I have 1/2 tank, so it's not that. I reset the boiler, but once I started asking for hot water, it started throwing codes again. I got on the phone with the installer and while I was talking to them, my phone suddenly cut off and told me I didn't have a service contract. What? I've had the same provider for nearly 30 years and they get auto-paid (and had confirmed payment last week).

I cleared up the problem by rebooting the phone (which I had just rebooted a couple of days prior), and got service back, so recalled the heating place. The guy informed me they were closed until Tuesday but he would try to find someone. Ughh. I finally found a different, local heating guy and he said he could be out in a couple of hours. GREAT! I went out to weed wack, installed a new string spool and started trimming. The string snapped. I went to fix it and that spool was fubarred (IDK how, but the only end I could find was wrapped under a bunch of the rounds. Fortunately I had more spools so finally got it back up and working. BUT, while I was doing that, I came in to wash my hands and suddenly hat hot water again.

Called the heating guy and told him I didn't need him. Finished up the weedwacking, came in to start the shower - and I was back to cold water only. ARGGHH. So I called the heating guy again, and he said it would be another couple of hours. That's fine, he's one of the few heating/cooling guys working in the area, so he was taking calls as they came. He finally made it and one of the igniters had burned up the boot. He wasn't sure if he could get a part and started calling around. FW Webb had one, in Gilford, NH - AND, they are open on Saturday (today) which was one of the concerns.

So, heating guy will go get the part this morning and get my boiler all set. He was able to give me a temporary fix so I did get my shower in. I can hardly wait for the bill; diagnostics and temporary fix yesterday (about 45 minutes), then a 1.3 hour drive (each way) to get the part, then install (which should be quick) - on weekend rates. I'm not complaining about the guy or his costs, but this unit is only a year old and the servicing company should have replaced that element 2 weeks ago during the annual maintenance. They replaced the other element (apparently it has two), but didn't replace that one for some reason - and that is what I'm not happy about.

Boiler element pic 1 zoom.jpg

Boiler element pic 2 zoom.jpg

I might finally make it up to the capital city tomorrow

13. Redneck

Redneck

Dave pm me I got some good feud tricks for you.

14. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Just one more reason I live in the country.

15. Backwoods Savage

Terrible situation. Also, wht do things happen to need fixing on Holiday weekends? :mad:

16. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

That's just it, I do too!

17. Backwoods Savage

Maybe you aren't far enough out? But it does seem more and more that it is difficult to get space between neighbors.

18. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I'd have to live in the next county over to not hear this 4 wheeler! Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'd lay money that everyone within a mile could hear it, and everyone within 1/2 mile was getting really annoyed! We are the closest house to them, probably 7-800'. The low exhaust note of those larger 4 strokes really carries...and will literally rattle your windows if you are close!
    Thanks Randy, I forgot we have a master level "fueder" on here...we'll see how it goes...I may need a consult...:handshake:

19. Horkn

Horkn

Yeah, I'd definitely be giving a call to the place that did the check on your boiler a couple weeks ago. That's on them for missing that.

20. Horkn

Horkn

Add me to the list with stupid neighbors, and I'm not even talking about the #1 Jack Assparagus neighbor across the street.
    This morning, the only really nice day of this whole weekend, next door neighbors lawn service with his big commercial ex Mark ztr, starts mowing at 6:30 am. Loud AF, woke us both up, and now my wife is pizzed about that jackassery. I can guarantee that quiet hours were still in effect at 6:30 am. technically the next door neighbors are in the "next town over" and not in our municipality. Our quiet hours are 10 pm - 9 am.

Took him like 45 minutes to mow. My wife's finally getting good sleep now so hopefully she gets enough sleep in this am. We're headed to our friends place for a backyard holiday gtg.