In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

A nurse at the doc a couple weeks ago told me my bp was 120/80. Um, my diastolic has not been below 90 in 12 years, and I hadn't taken my bp med that day yet either. I wonder why she fudged?, Did she get distracted and miss the bumps on the gauge, or?

2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Yes it was, since the ice cream, chocolate bars, pudding and m & m's aren't allowed until after the 10th, it was a good night for all that chit.

After pudding and ice cream I said why not have a big azz cold chocolate bar from the fridge with a glass of milk, after that it was two small snickers bars with milk and then a nice size bowl of m & m's with another glass of milk.

The meal and all the other stuff was good for a weight gain of 3.6 pounds for a weight of 204 on my 75 day.

Last year I went into my doctor's appointment at 228 point something, I plan on losing the 4 if not 5 before I go in, that will be good and then maintain between 200 to 210.

Stephiedoll, bogieb, wildwest and 4 others like this.
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

The wall blood pressure unit our doctor has will always give a higher reading (that's from the doc) it even has his at a higher reading from what he said.

They take mine with what I'll call a sleeve type blood pressure unit, it always pretty darn close to we get here and always lower than the darn wall unit.

bogieb, wildwest, EODMSgt and 3 others like this.
  4. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

No clue.

my O2 level has always been above 94% this entire time.

5. savemoney

savemoney

My son has used up all three tanks of propane so no grilling for me until I can get a tank filled. I wanted BBQ for the 4th. I compromised and got ribs to go from Texas Roadhouse. They were delicious. Fall of the bone. I atm going to try to get a tank refilled today. Then I somehow will have to keep it from sprouting legs.

6. tree killer

tree killer

Yes no seasons open now. Might have renters fishing.

7. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Another wrap with lettuce, onions and hot pepper rings went into my system. I would've had some roasted red bell peppers on it but some dink :picard: put the empty jar back in the fridge

8. lukem

lukem

Brutal humidity and more storms rolling in. Spent better part of the weekend and yesterday cleaning up limbs and a few trees at my and my family's houses.

Just need to fix the roof on the old barn and we'll be back to normal. Gotta wait for it to coll off some before I do that. I lost 2 panels entirely and the others are holding on by a thread. Replacing all 13 with some free metal my neighbor gave me.

9. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Just got off the treadmill, 16 minutes with 106 calories burned.

10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Exactly, it was too low. It's the stethsescope on my arm, she missed reading it and fudged.

11. Hammerhead20

Hammerhead20

I'd demand a recount

12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Was it a false reading? On July 5th I weighed in at 204, yesterday I had the same type of wrap I've been eating and just an apple with a granola bar for supper, this morning the scales said 199.8

That's a loss of 4.2 pounds in a day which sounds strange, since I've been on the weight loss journey, I've never lost that much in a day, we'll see what that scale reads tomorrow morning.

13. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Drink a few cups of coffee before you go in, it won't be low! :hair: I had three cups before I went in about three years ago, the nurse took my BP, it was high so when the doctor came in he looked at the chart on the computer, he says what's going on with your BP, three cups of coffee this morning and another three last night. :picard:

14. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I did more time on the treadmill on my first session, just over 20 minutes, 134 calories and a little over 1 mile. My lowest weight was 199.2, I will get through that wall before I see the doc, if the old frame is feeling ok later, I'll do the same amount of time.

15. savemoney

savemoney

[​IMG]

16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I'm sorry, let me rephrase, the gal that took my blood pressure messed up the procedure and then lied to me that I was 120/80. 120/80 is impossible with me.

17. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Well my memories on Facebook reminded me it’s been 8 years since my heart attack. Today I had two stents put in.

I like the memories of having lunch at Mongo’s (Mongolian grill restaurant) with my wife better.

18. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

This might seem like a weird question, but do you weigh yourself at the same time/same way everyday? Like right after getting up, and always before, or always after, your morning bathroom trip? It just seems odd to me that your weight swings around so much so quickly...but heck, what do I know, I might step on a scale once a year...

19. yooperdave

yooperdave

Yeah, I was thinking of a wrap too.

Flour tortilla, taco flavored ground beef, sour cream, mild cheddar cheese, taco sauce, repeat maybe 4 four times!!! :D

20. yooperdave

yooperdave

If I got readings like that, 99 would suggest another BP machine! :rofl: :lol: