In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Got hungry clearing the driveway.
    Decided to make chicken soup. IMG_20230304_115832545.jpg

2. Horkn

Horkn

Overall I think the forecasters do a pretty good job. I think far too many hold them to their possible predictions that might err on the extreme so that people can be prepared. Around here, they'll continually update the totals/ predictions as the storms get closer. If you don't watch the latest updates, well, that's not on the meteorologists. Even with much better equipment than they've ever had, the weather is just so much more unpredictable.

3. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Still snowing, I see your point Horkn but they missed it from 11pm news by 50% not that close

4. Horkn

Horkn

Big lakes like the one just to the west of you definitely change weather too. Is the channel you watch out of a local place like Burlington, or is it national? I've found that national weather really misses on these forecasts.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  5. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

When it's too cold to do anything else.....hit the road.

DSCF4289.JPG DSCF4295.JPG DSCF4297.JPG DSCF4305.JPG DSCF4314.JPG

6. Horkn

Horkn

Going to the Milwaukee Bucks game against Philadelphia 76ers tonight through work. Got a parking pass on the structure, and a ticket in a supplier's catered suite. Until then, I did some aquarium maintenance, summer dog doody cleanup outside, and extended the sump pump outlet 30' with the PVC pipe as well. I think the pump was running more because the water was just soaking back into the ground around the foundation. This hopefully should get the pump to run less by getting the water out and away from the house and down hill

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  7. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

WPTZ local just other side of that lake in Plattsburgh.. maybe 20 miles as crow flies
    Still snowing

8. Horkn

Horkn

Maybe they only care about the weather on the western side of the lake?

9. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

10. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Thanks. Me too!

11. Ohio

Ohio

Im driving down the road earlier this week when I cant help but notice a herd of cattle in a field next to the road. They are looking riled up, circling the wagons and one bull is making his way back to the group. Weird...

About 3 seconds later I see a large coyote sprinting out of the ditch about to run directly in front of my car. The coyote was harassing the cows looking for a meal. Im not looking tear the front end up and run it over so I slightly swerve. Somebody is coming my direction in the other lane but they're not close. The coyote runs into my wheel. Loud thump noise, I see it in the rear view running away.

I get out and look to assess the damage.

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

The hair was pulled into the bead of the tire and if he made it he had one ell of a headache. Did not see it on the return trip.

12. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

Wow…

he’s got some fat on him.

13. Erik B

Erik B

Wife and I took a little 400 mile trip today from the La Crosse area to New Ulm, MN. We took my mom's cedar chest to our sons place so he can get it to his daughter. Nice seeing things like that being passed down from Great Grandma to Great grand daughter. Radar said we would run into snow but we didn't see any of the white stuff. Good day for a drive. Son made some chicken and wild rice soup for lunch. YUM.

14. Warner

Warner

savemoney, bogieb, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  15. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Right on the update. Around 4:00 pm they updated ours to 10 inches. It started snowing shortly after that. It quit shortly after that. Officially they say we ended up with around 2". I measured 1" here. Sorry, but I do not call this good forecasting.

On the other hand, there are times when they do good but over the last few years they have gone downhill big time. I used to think they did a fine job but not any more. They are terrible. Here is another one. Many, many times they will forecast a high temperature that is lower than what the overnight temperature has been. I think the last one was we had an overnight low temperature of 35 degrees (and this was the temp when the updated forecast came out). The forecasted high temperature was 32 degrees. Um...

16. yooperdave

yooperdave

Reminds me of what happened to me with the neighbors dog at the place where I used to live.

First some background. Whenever the dog was let outside, it would do nothing but bark. bark, bark bark. I think the sob would bark as it did it's business! Owner would never do anything about it. It would bark like that at pre dawn and wake everyone in the house! Yelling out the window at it seemed not to help one bit, even as the neighbor was letting it back in. No excuse!

Well, driving home one day, there it was....bark bark bark bark. As I drive past, it bolts out towards the car and I lose sight of it! Same time I hear a kinda thump. Owner was right there and come over as soon as I stopped. I asked, did I hit her?

He said no, I don't think so. She never did that before. Pulled into my driveway and looked at the side of the car. There was a bunch of long white hair jammed in just like the coyote fur was on your wheel! Only thing, with the amount of hair she left, there must have been a bald spot on the mutt!

This same neighbor built a small height dog fence around his yard in order to prevent such a recurrence. When he placed it along the property line, he jogged out into our property about 12-16 by 8 10 feet. I asked him what the heck?

He said, thats where they go to the bathroom.

99 said leave it alone. after a short while and banging into it with the rider mower each time I cut grass and never seeing him out there cleaning up their messes, I told him "take it down. I don't know what you were thinking in the first place!"

This is the same neighbor that I caught driving across the lawn to get into the alley. I asked WTH? He said it's shorter than driving to the corner and into the alley!! We lived on the corner so he had one lot to drive around!!! Told him to drive on his own lawn.

17. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Get off my lawn! :BrianK:

:rofl: :lol:

18. Ohio

Ohio

Sounds like a dandy. My one neighbor mow's his grass into my gravel driveway, I've told him to stop, he's too old to care. As far as I can tell his lawn is his only hobby. When it snows he will run his john Deere mower on my driveway to "clear the snow." This is after I plow it... :picard:

I had to call the dog warden on my neighbor across the street, their dogs were on out property near our livestock their house is 1/3 a mile to mine. They had a litter of cattle dogs and they were chasing cars on a 55mph state route. No training no containment no accepting responsibility for the animals. People were swerving , I almost got hit by a car trying to avoid one of the dogs, my wife also. Id had it and called it in, somebody was going to get hurt or killed. They took their dogs and gave them a small fine.

19. ironpony

ironpony

lets see................got a second coat of paint on. Reinstalled the ceiling I had to take down, when I do a basement ceiling I use white vinyl exterior soffit so it can be easily removed to get above it. Installed wainscoting to match existing. Hung a door.
    Started fitting up some trim, trying to reuse as much as possible. Wife installed electrical cover plates and clock, that was very important.

IMG_0152.jpeg IMG_0153.jpeg IMG_0154.jpeg IMG_0155.jpeg

Chvymn99, savemoney, wildwest and 9 others like this.
  20. FarmerJ

FarmerJ