In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Exactly.

2. Gasifier

Gasifier

Let me think about it a bit. Depends on several factors. Like if current loader backhoe will be able to pick up the poop!

3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Don't let the dogs around them unless they're unusual. Our Shep/Husky X went to the barn with us every night for years and they always wanted to stomp her with their elbows. When she got very old and could not see well or hear she tried to come in the corral with us a couple times, only hand signals then and when she wasn't looking, spooky, fortunate the llamas knew the emergency in my voice and stopped. She never went for the nightly barn trip after that :(

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I can't wait to see the little critters! Do recall a previous member here who's avatar was close up of a baby goat? That was SO Darn Cute!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Was that Marvin ?

6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Yes!

7. yooperdave

yooperdave

You have no shame! Any excuse to get a larger tractor!!! :picard:

:D

8. lukem

lukem

Muh Nards

9. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Lady is getting old but she is a working shepherd; and has already herded horses cows sheep chickens turkey and llamas. Usually on first introduction owner says they are loose let her try.. she hasn’t failed yet..
    in retrospect, probably did not use her to her full potential but she is a pet and an abused rescue that is happy… so we will take that as a win..

10. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Amp draw??

11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:picard:lost a filling last week or so and tonight broke off more of that darn tooth. Man, I'd rather have it pulled than go under the drill....

12. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I could hear the blower fans (2) on the pellet stove speeding up and slowing down with the sound of the generator while it was lighting. Once it lit and the blowers went into full speed it the generator started trying to die, the stove would cut out for a second or a few. What I do know at this point is I'd like a big one that will run the pellet stove, coffee pot and tv. (tv requires router so throw my computer in).

Asked him initially if it was running out of gas but nope, full of fresh gas and newer generator, meanwhile woodstove almost choochin' in the other room, but it ran my portable oil radiator on high and a second one on medium. Not sure but I've had conversations on the pelletheads and I think the difference is our pellet furnace vs other's pellet stoves. Idk, but grateful the power is back on.

Still working on getting the pellet stove in a separate room with plenum because of the noise from the 450 cfm noise, then we'll put the 6 burner stove in that space. But health, injuries, and age has us at snails pace. So grateful for kiddo helping so much.

13. bogieb

bogieb

I'm with brenndatomu - my 1800 battery pack will easily run my stove, including start up (when it pulls the most).

14. bogieb

bogieb

So you are looking at this short sighted. That think is a loader all by itself. Also can rip small trees right out of the ground and knock over medium sized trees. I'm sure it could do some digging too.

15. bogieb

bogieb

Ah, pellet furnace. That may be a whole nother ballgame. IDK anything about those.

16. Gasifier

Gasifier

:binoculars:Hmmm. Good point. And Yoop has capabilities and connections to shoot down drones launched by Backwoods Sav. So anything is possible. Don’t they say. Right tool for the job? upload_2023-2-16_6-21-50.jpeg
    And this would be a nice pooper scooper.
    1F15BE8A-6AB9-4067-B339-D710DEFC7DEF.jpeg

17. yooperdave

yooperdave

Couldn't you find one with an extendable boom on the backhoe??? :whistle:

18. Gasifier

Gasifier

Did you miss the long “s” curved hydraulic line? That is the extra length to extend. The Deere are built in a way that sometimes it’s tough to see that it extends. And please note the 4-in-1 on the front too! :D

19. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I dunno how much power that pellet eater furnace uses, but a 3750W genny should be PLENTY to run it...pretty much any furnace really, except an electric furnace (electric coils) those pull big power!
    Our whole house wood furnace is rated to heat up to 3000 sq ft and I've never seen it pull more than 500 watts (usually much less) I really doubt that pellet furnace could be much more than that.

20. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

brenndatomu I was thinking the amps needed in coil to start the pellets burning