In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

That’s sad The Wood Wolverine;
    some Doberman, particularly the blue, have been known to have brain cancer/tumors, in their old age. I was friends with our neighbors Blue and he bit me. I was a teenager; Certainly not dogs fault. He had a brain tumor and wasn’t acting himself. Ohh the drama! It wasn’t a bad bite, I signed off on insurance claim. Dog was telling us something was wrong. That’s how I learned about it.
    Too bad your FIL doesn’t know dogs Roscoe has gentle eyes in pics.

our Angus terrified my MIL; she been a widow since early 30s, almost 80 now, been alone in her bed all those years… until Angus jumped on her bed for love time :bug::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  2. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

it'd be big enough for me if I did buy it. I don't like big houses, they cost more to heat, cost more to replace roofing etc, and take up more outside space which I value more than inside.

Seems like most of the houses I like don't have them. But, give me wood and I could build one. :saw:

Of course, I do have one myself. I wanted it for a long time and was very glad when I finally got it.

3. Sourwood

Sourwood

Day before yesterday Richelle came over during her break from school. We made good headway on treetops, then ended the day with her first trip to Harbor Freight. Her engineer mind enjoyed looking at all the tools, and chests.

its good to spend time with a younger person, and its even better when they seem just as glad to be with you

Attached Files:

4. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

How old is she?

NortheastAl, savemoney, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  5. Ohio

Ohio

Sat out deer hunting this afternoon, did not hear or see anything. Went back to the house and a good looking buck was 40 yards into the woods near the shed. Better luck next time.

NortheastAl, savemoney, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  6. Sourwood

Sourwood

TrinitySouth99 she is 19. Graduated high school a year early and headed off to engineering school.

7. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Well congrats to her!

NortheastAl, savemoney, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  8. Gasifier

Gasifier

The Original, and only, Grinch just started.

9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Well, Angus is a bit lively. lol

10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

So true. Glad you got to spend time together.

11. Gasifier

Gasifier

Rest of the family is going home this morning. Looks like the weather is going to be good today. Sunny and a high of 47! Rest of the family still sleeping though. Caffeine going in a little late. Not sure what I’ll do today. Ground is real wet from snow melting so I hate to go out on it. Maybe get another long walk in like yesterday. I went for eight miles in the early afternoon. A good workout. Also have some organizing to do in garage and barn workshops.

12. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Hope that is a friend walking around the woods behind her.

13. Horkn

Horkn

I had the bar tip sprocket lock up on my 029S once. Same thing, it was jammed with a couple of wood chips. In all the cords of wood I've cut with the different saws, that's only happened one time, so far

14. Horkn

Horkn

Last night Hayden had the zoomies. He's well over 100 lbs and 2.5 years old. We call him our "bull in a china shop". He didn't realize how big he is. Once you get 100+ lbs flying it doesn't just stop that easily. We managed to escape that without any injuries. When he lays on you, you can't move. He's a big headed, fluffy brick.

15. Horkn

Horkn

That's a shame. There's just some people that don't get it. Is it all dogs for the FIL, or just "big and scary ones"? Our Badger lab that we had the joy of having for about a decade, only growled once at anyone. That guy, a weird neighbor started swinging a rake at Badger, then Badger growled at him. What a weird neighbor, he deserved it. Badger was a great judge of character. If Badger didn't like someone, I had zero reason to even attempt to put any effort into being friendly with that person.

16. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

We call it zoomies also Horkn

17. Horkn

Horkn

I've just never had a dog still have them at this age. It's easier when they are 30-40 lbs. At 100+, it's a whole different thing :bug: he's all muscle too, so he can get a lot of height and distance when he "sends it!"

18. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Dobermans, rotties and pit bulls. Everything else is fine. In fact, his son, my BIL has a mixed lab/pit. Looks pit in the face and they can’t let 2 friends of their son come over because the dog barks and growls with its hair up. Apparently that doesn’t bother him. I’d like to tell him to grow a pair and get over it. I take Roscoe to work with me. People come in and he is chill, just walks up to them and asks for pets. He hasn’t barked at anyone.

brenndatomu, Chvymn99, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  19. Gasifier

Gasifier

Rest of firewood now under cover. Good job done. Ground wasn’t as bad as I thought. Wind has really picked up here. We may get a tree or two blown over on our property.

brenndatomu, Chvymn99, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  20. Sourwood

Sourwood

caught me off guard. Blew t up and that is an old fence post with some vines around it

brenndatomu, Chvymn99, bogieb and 3 others like this.