In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

I could have swore he just said something go himself about going in the shed and cutting himself up.... if I didn't mishear him. Unless he's remembering something from the past and doesn't really know what he's saying.

I feel sorry because there's nothing I, or anyone else really can do for him. We've never really had a relationship, but It's hard watching him like this.

2. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

That's really sad....

3. savemoney

savemoney

Can you imagine what the excise tax is on a car like that.
    I had a acquaintance tell me they sold their truck for more than they paid for it after driving it for a few years. Now isn't the time to be tire kicking. Hang on to what you have if you can unless you know you are getting a fair deal.

4. yooperdave

yooperdave

I've already been seeing the new broncos on the highway and also sitting on dealership lots.

No big, no deal here.

5. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

All this is bananas!

My appt to finally get my old Blazer windproof and and several other things restored/replaced is November. I really hope those parts are available.... It's a trustworthy old truck and mechanically sound that I (we or him) won't get stranded in.

6. tree killer

tree killer

No new inventory forcing new car dealers to keep all used trades and buy back lease returns taking tons out of the auction market that used dealer get their supply from. It is a mess now. New dealers do not have any idea about the used market, they are totally different customer expectations. Prices have been up and down for a few months now but if their peaks.

7. tree killer

tree killer

It all depends on the dealer, some are jacking prices on new and some are just selling at MSRP flat out sticker price no question asked. The ones gouging have what someone is looking for and wants to buy but they will lose that customer in the future. Sticker price places are trying to keep customers. I see the deals on tons of stuff and have to ask who is actually buying at some of these places. The lease market is in shambles too. They have a set end date and in today’s market they either buy it out or try to find a replacement but there aren’t many. Also taking away from the used market inventory.

8. tree killer

tree killer

I’m sure Janet can. Everyone should buy one.

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I lean towards what WW said too, he might have been talking about happier times and plans he had in mind them. I wish I could offer more but I don't know. Could be he reminisces and laments all at the same time.

10. mat60

mat60

:rofl: :lol:

11. mat60

mat60

My Barbara talked about going home also. Its a sad thing when someone looses there mind.. Hang in there TrinitySouth99

12. Horkn

Horkn

I'm talking bronco's, not the escape based bronco sports. Those are all over the place. Heck, I think for brand new SUV's, on my 4600+ mile trip to California and back, I think I saw more bronco sports than anything else.

13. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

TrinitySouth99 Sorry to hear your grandfather is having such a hard time. I know it can be especially hard on the rest of the family. Hang in there and stay strong.

14. bogieb

bogieb

Bought my Ford Focus Brand new December of 2018. Drove it for 23k miles. I sold it to Car Max a couple of months ago for a couple hundred dollars more than I paid for the vehicle to begin with. I drove that thing for 2.5 years and effectively only paid for insurance, gas and oil changes. Oh, and there was damage on the passenger's side where something hit my wheel well.

So, they probably fixed the damage (okay, probably not very expensive) and then sold it for another 3-5k on top of what they paid me.

15. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Ouch.

mat60, savemoney, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  16. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

This has to be terrible.

mat60, savemoney, wildwest and 4 others like this.
  17. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

So sorry to hear that.

18. yooperdave

yooperdave

Pulled the rest of the garden today, and then cut up a little more dead and down along the driveway. I have a little gravel left over that will be spread out here and there as needed. I noticed some lower spots in the leant to already, so gave them a little refresher. Probably just over a yard left.

The day is mild here. Sunny, mid 50's and can't let it go to waste! :handshake:

Horkn, mat60, Chazsbetterhalf and 6 others like this.
  19. rottiman

rottiman

20. Gasifier

Gasifier

All kinds of little stuff taken care of today while dodging the rain. Errands run, cleaning in the barn, wheeler maintenance completed, firewood moving, etc. Time to relax.