In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. savemoney

savemoney

I like the stockade fence. Keeps the snow etc out. Easy to make a gate with it for the ends.

2. savemoney

savemoney

Our power company pulled that one three years ago. I got a bill during December for $600. I wasn't the only one. Some got tiny bills. They admitted no fault. Complaints went unresolved. Even folks who had their power shut off at camps got high bills. Still nothing done about it. Since then, my bills are less than half that. Even after several rate increases.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  3. mat60

mat60

Glad to see your doing better also. .

4. mat60

mat60

Very sorry about all your dealing with.

5. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

5 cord brought up to house for this winter!
    2.5 cord split to stay on 3-4 year plan..:D
    5 more cord of rounds to split n stack:(
    Having a drink and going to bed

6. yooperdave

yooperdave

I would have purchased those if they were in stock, but.........:(

I got these instead. It is made entirely from treated lumber.

[​IMG]

7. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Thank a lot, Mark. Trying my best.

8. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

It is totally crazy what’s going on. They didn’t want to hear anything about it being their fault. Funny how it happened to everyone at almost the same time.

9. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Thanks Larry. That’s great you lost that much weight and your breathing is improved. That darn arthritis is a stumbling block for a lot of us. Sometimes I cant even figure out what sets my flares off. I do know impending bad weather is one of them, but others just sneak up on me. The immunosuppressant meds don’t seem to help much, but I’m afraid to stop. Hang in there.

10. Horkn

Horkn

You're a busy guy.

I need to bring up at least 2 cords to my patio, but I'll wait a little more. Idk, maybe not. I'll probably start after I mow the lawn Monday after work.

11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I had to stop taking mine :( Rare side effect, it can damage vision, after over a decade of it serving me very well it affected my retinas :confused: I'll have to look at MTX or a biologic again if things go downhill, right now flying loose with just prednisone to see how it goes.

I'm just so glad to hear from you. Grrrr on your e- bill and savemoney 's too. Do I understand correctly that your watts are similar to other months but the $ per watt went up?

12. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Yes, the price went from $.05 to $.07, plus other charges went up on the bill as well. I have no idea what I’m even reading when I look at my electric bill.

I hate all the meds I have to take and am sure there have been side effects I’m not aware of yet. I’ve been on biologics for about 9 years and I’ve never had great relief. What I can say is that when I had to switch biologics I had to stay off the previous one for a month for it to clear out of my system. It was one of the worst months of pain I’ve ever had. So, I guess I get maybe 50% relief at it’s best moments. The big issue is that the arthritis is progressive.

I hope you can get relief.

13. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Ugg, I'm sorry! And I'm okay :) I'm happy to look at your electricity bill, can you pm me a picture of it, or, the company your with and I'm sure I can find a mock bill to hopefully decipher all those darn charges.

14. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

I’ll do that in the morning, as long as I remember. Lol.

15. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Nephew came to help or A LOT less would have gotten finished..

16. bogieb

bogieb

Congrats on your continuing progress with weight loss. It's not easy in the best of times, much less when your mobility is affected by arthritis and other issues.

17. bogieb

bogieb

Funny, I ALWAYS find the taking out part easiest. It is the putting back together part that I have issues with :picard:

18. bogieb

bogieb

Here is an example of my electric bill. This is from May and the electric charge is 0.066 cents / kwh (under Supplier Energy Charge). The delivery charge is twice the amount in this example. The company does help by just breaking out the total charges between the two at the top.

June 2021 electric bill-more info.JPG

Here is last month's bill, the electricity charge went up to 0.088 cents per kwh, and rate is supposed to increase again next month and in January (most of our electricity is generated by propane).

Electric bill September 2021.JPG

The only good thing is that the stranded cost recovery charge was reduced by nearly 40% per kwh.

All those charges can be confusing for sure. The main thing I look at is kwh usage. In the past, I've had them jack that up for the December bill (estimating instead of reading). Since I don't do Christmas, my actual usage doesn't go up much compared to November and is just totally dependant on the weather. Imagine my surprise when a December bill came in at $40 more than the previous month and December was warmer than November (the week of Christmas was in the 50-60* range). Yeajh, eventually I get a really low bill when they actually came out and read it. It is much more accurate now that they have the remote reading meter set up.

19. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

20. billb3

billb3

10.7¢ / kwh here.
    Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 11.22.31 AM.png
    With 3/4 of electric generation in Ma via natural gas we're probably going to have somewhat higher bills soon. Lucky for me I live in a small house with low energy requirements. Still hate to see bills going up, for anyone.