In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

X2

2. lukem

lukem

Had a big yard sale today. Always amazed at some of the stuff people buy.

Fling a few arrows this evening...sure is getting dark early compared to just a few weeks ago.

3. Horkn

Horkn

That's why he did it. :faint:

4. Horkn

Horkn

My wife and I met a good buddy of mine for dinner. I used to work with him at the hydraulics biz, he's an engineer and I worked with him on several projects.. He went to work at a different local manufacturer, but we always stayed close. He would always come to the motorcycle races at Road America with us, and we've had him out on my boat several times a summer. He even went hunting for deer at my land up north once.

Well, he took a different job, in the Minneapolis area. He starts Monday. He'll come back for the motorcycle races every year though. It's not like he's on either coast, so he's not that horribly far away, but 5.5 hrs drive is a lot more than 30 minutes.

Good news is that he went to go work for Toro, so he said that he gets a really good employee discount. So I will probably get a Toro zero turn mower at some point.

Guy is in his upper 20's, single, and rented an apartment so I don't blame him. The money was good, as well. So he really had no ties here in SE Wisconsin except his parents in Portage, WI, which will now be about a 3 hr drive for him now vs a little over an hour before.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  5. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Too bad, card hacked, internet service payment declined, my prescriptions payment declined, what a pain, it's okay, got them paid also had to get husbands debit card for grocery pickup tomorrow, no doubt there will be more til I get a new card. Hackers are stupid.

6. bogieb

bogieb

X 12 (or whatever number it is)
    I'm so sorry. It's tough when several things happen at the same time, but when they happen on what should be your special day, it's even worse.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  7. tree killer

tree killer

Did you get a notification or go to use your card at the register and see it being declined? Love finding out my card is shut off that way. Occasionally I’ll get a call from the bank asking if I bought whatever in whatever country to clue me in before I use it.

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I had that card set up already for those payments so I was getting declined emails. The fraud notice from the bank was via text. These charges were Canada, I've never had Canada charges before.

9. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Chaz and I took Holly for a run. No idea what she was sniffing out.
    20211008_154138.jpg 20211008_154139.jpg

10. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Moving wood to winter storage 2F8D9A18-1E7E-4F1C-8AD9-8A078D6F0708.jpeg C89C90D1-6464-43FB-8895-B02A3E8EFAE5.jpeg

11. Gasifier

Gasifier

Relaxing after eating a nice lunch with the family. My son and I completed our 1/2 marathon this morning. It was tough, but I made it through by walking and running. To say I’m a little tired would be an understatement! Time to relax for the rest of the day. All you hoarders have a great weekend!

12. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thinking about you TrinitySouth99 , I'm sorry for your loss, and Benny too. I hope the funeral was healing, and all the changes happening are working out.

13. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Congratulations on your marathon. Time to grab a cold one.

14. rottiman

rottiman

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Chazsbetterhalf, Horkn, mat60 and 5 others like this.
  15. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Good way to spend the day, Gas. :thumbs:

16. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Probably squirrels just like my guy does. The squirrels taunt him either running on the fence or jumping on the tree at the last minute.

17. savemoney

savemoney

So glad you are back. I was concerned about how you were doing. I know you have your share and then some of health issues. I've lost about 38 lbs. I am doing much better with my breathing. Still having a hell of a time getting around. Arthritis flares up and keeps me grounded. Just had another flare up following my 3ed covid shot. Today is much better. Still painful to type etc. Anyway, stay in touch and most of all, stay well.

18. billb3

billb3

I replaced the kitchen faucet this afternoon.
    Tomorrow it's a bath faucet at mom's.
    I should have all the right tools and supplies after having done mine.
    Putting them in is so much easier than getting the old one out.

19. yooperdave

yooperdave

Made a Menards run this morning. Going to put up some fence panels on the lean to to help keep the snow out this winter.

Pics will be taken.....:salute:

20. savemoney

savemoney

Town just three miles down the river road having a big fall celebration today. I think it is some sort of beer festivity. They shut down the main street and have a live band. Music carries up the river valley. Then, just at dusk, they set off some fireworks. My new dog, Riley, went bonkers. Good that he was inside the house with us. The booms have stopped now and he has begun to settle back down. I had no idea they planned to set those off. Amazing how many dogs run off when the fireworks are set off.
    I can't begin to tell you how much that sort of thing upsets me. Cindy and I have had it done more than once to each of us. Our credit union is quick to catch it and alert us, but we have the inconvenience of shutting off the card, getting a new one, and then clear up the accounts it is used with. Personally, I've only been inconvenienced. Never lost money. One thing I learned was never buy off FB, and to use PAY Pal when I can. I get a lot of impersonators of Amazon, but I don't fall for any of them.
    So sorry for your loss of your grandmother and of the family pet. Lets hope things work out well for Grandfather. Hope you survived your birthday.