In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

:jaw:

Gold Rush starts tonight.

2. jewilson

jewilson

We got 5” of rain here in SW VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Horkn

Horkn

Here's the answer.
    9d86a37aafcf50cd1185eb79d9402efa_c_720121627_640x640.jpg

4. Horkn

Horkn

Somewhat familiar. I must have done that one and forgot. 20210924_123922(1) (2).jpg

5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

savemoney, mat60, eatonpcat and 3 others like this.
  6. Warner

Warner

The decking is meranti and the swing is Cypress.

savemoney, mat60, rottiman and 7 others like this.
  7. yooperdave

yooperdave

Happy birthday NVhunter (dang bakery forgot your name)

[​IMG]

8. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Im surprised as ive never heard of meranti. Just googled it. Cant imagine the cost.
    20 years ago i built a 14x27 deck on our new house and used mahogany. Tough stuff to work with.

savemoney, mat60, rottiman and 5 others like this.
  9. Warner

Warner

When I started the project it was 1.89$ a lineal foot. I miss calculated and needed a few more boards a month later the same product was 5.50 a foot:bug:

savemoney, mat60, rottiman and 7 others like this.
  10. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Cooled off around here this week (nice!) temp in the house has been slowly dropping...lit off the first fire in the lil Drolet fireplace stove this morning...:fire:

Chvymn99, savemoney, mat60 and 7 others like this.
  11. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Ouch. Thats a big whack to the wallet. Mine was a $1.60 but this was 2000-2001. I blind attached with plastic biscuits too. Very time consuming. This was 5/4 x 6 sized decking.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    savemoney, mat60, rottiman and 4 others like this.
  12. NVhunter

NVhunter

Hahaha Thanks!!!

13. yooperdave

yooperdave

Got the chimney painter last evening and then placed the stove and hooked up the venting today. This late afternoon, I lit if off and watched a little bit of TV down in the basement!

IMG_20210925_160422807.jpg

I decided on using those 4" blocks with the holes in them to help dissipate any heat that may be absorbed by them during extended burn times.

14. Horkn

Horkn

Happy birthday NVhunter !!! I was just through the northern part of your state about 2 weeks ago and again just the other day on my way back home.

savemoney, mat60, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  15. NVhunter

NVhunter

Thanks!! I'm in Reno. It's been hot as $hi+ here.... Hopefully it cools down soon.... What part of the state were you in?

savemoney, mat60, wildwest and 6 others like this.
  16. Horkn

Horkn

We drove through Reno both ways to and from Tahoe, and then on to Livermore CA to visit family. Didn't stop either time, just 80 mph on i80.;)

Chvymn99, savemoney, mat60 and 8 others like this.
  17. Lennyzx11

Lennyzx11

Perfect day for it. I whittled at my log pile for a bit. Kinda cleaned up my processing area, and moved the totes and bags out to the sunny side of the yard (which “she who speaks loudly” promptly veto’d), I hope to dry them out before moving into the shed up by porch around end of October.

Great day to be out in Southern Vermont but had to go get the Timberwolf splitter out as the 35 ton huskee blew up the love joy coupling yet again. That’s the 3rd time in less than a cord of wood each time. I’m going to replace the pump. I changed hyd oil and filter and was really careful about setting up and tightening the new coupling last week but grenaded again.
    I like it because it flips vertical for the big heavies but this is getting to be a pita.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. bogieb

bogieb

As soon as TSC opened up yesterday morning I was there to pick up a ton of pellets. Made two trips to load them in the Explorer and then stacked in the garage (really nice not to have a vehicle in the garage anymore so I have room to store pellets now).

The ramp to the back porch has grown a good crop of algae and moss in the last month or so. That is saying something about how much rain and just general humidity has been around because until mid July of this year, my area was still in a drought that started June 2020. The ramp was getting very slick when there was only a hint of moisture so I decided it was a good day to deal with it. I sprayed it down with Odorban (a cleaning agent that is also an algeacide) and scrubbed off as much as I could. Then I went to Aubuchon's and got some Wet and Forget and applied it.

Not being able to mow leaves since everything was wet from the rain Friday, and the dense fog until mid morning Saturday, I decided to work on finishing my living room. That project started in 2014 with tearing out sheetrock and adding insulation. Once that was done, I moved to another project (that is how I roll for nearly all projects :doh:). Anyway, I installed new baseboards. The old baseboards that I had pulled out were from 1960, some were split/broke, some were lost, some were no longer the right length because of moving doors.

To the left and right are parts of the livingroom. I also did the hallway. On the left side, the bathroom door had been moved. The piece on the far side of that door isn't actually nailed in since I will eventually be ripping out the other door casings so I can make them match the darker colors I am using. In the right foreground, there used to be a door casing to the hallway (and at only 3' wide, the frame and casing took up real estate and made it look extremely tiny). I filled in the hole in the wood floor a couple of weeks ago as the frame for the casing went down to the subfloor. The
    hall baseboards.jpg

Everything in the foreground is brand new for this summer. That wall used to only have the electrical outlet that is down toward the hall.

livingroom baseboard.jpg

Beside the pellet stove and wraps to the door to the kitchen.
    Stove baseboard.jpg

The living room project isn't done yet, but it only leaves one feature to work on.

19. Backwoods Savage

Happy birthday and happy hunting too.

savemoney, mat60, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  20. Backwoods Savage

That does look better with the blocks painted.

savemoney, mat60, wildwest and 4 others like this.