In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

X2!

2. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

X3

3. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Maximum speed 70 MPH" o_O :faint:
    I can't even imagine the inertia that a long and loaded train would have at 70![/QUOTE]
    They don't stop, but they do slow down.
    Horkn : they do haul 95' flat cars of poles...telephone poles or tree trunks for milling or pulp.

Cunning people ask me what kind of engineer.... Pratt and Whitney Aircraft is here, so they ask me what division at "the aircraft" I work in.

So with 2 locomotives (sometimes 3) and 80 cars on the pin, stopping distance and acceleration mean a lot. Think of hooking up a dozen trailers to your vehicle, each with their own brakes. Slowing down uses the trailer brakes, otherwise they would jacknife behind you. When starting up, just jamming on the gas woukd stretch out all your trailers, possibly causing some of them at the far end to break away. Same with a reverse movement....too much braking on tbe loco and not enough on the "trailers", makes them stretch out and come apart. Dont ask me how I know that.

We had a beer box-car Accidentally come to our facility and stay for a few days to be re-routed. Nothing went missing from it, but there were a lot of ideas as to how one might lighten the load.

If a train fulla loaded pole cars happens to stop where I can see it, I'll give FHC a friendly heads up!

Sca

4. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

That looks like firewood cutter's Hell. 10 or so chimney sets, with 4 flues each....thats an endless handful of hungry fireplaces or wood stoves.
    I cannot imagine how much wood a place like that would go through if even half were wood burning flues.

Sca

5. Erik B

Erik B

Started snowing here around 7 this evening. The forecast is for 2-5 inches. Time will tell. I have a dentist appt in the morning. Hope we don't get too much.

6. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Thanks all for the B-day wishes !

7. Horkn

Horkn

It's been raining here. Probably won't turn to snow until sometime early am.

Our expected snow total is now maybe an inch.

That said, snow is in the forecast through Monday. We're not going anywhere for a couple days. So, it really doesn't matter to me.

8. savemoney

savemoney

Birthday Greeting and best wishes to you!

9. Horkn

Horkn

Ok snow started earlier than previously figured. It started about 9pm big wet heavy flakes. It was supposed to be rain for us until many hours later when it was to change to snow.

10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Happy Birthday!!

Chvymn99, savemoney, mat60 and 6 others like this.
  11. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

X2

12. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Thanks for sharing. Wondered what the operator's cabin looked like. I've seen a few CSX engines around. Our main long haul train is Norfork Southern, we have a local railroad, Sandersville Railroad, that pulls cars from the various Kaolin clay plants, wood chip mill and a couple other industries.

13. Horkn

Horkn

This didn't add up to really anything. It was snowing hard , of course when I had to take the pups out to do their business. Anything that was on the roads and driveways is gone now.

14. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

We got a few inches of snow :(

landlords employees plowed the lot, it snowed a little more, it turned to greasy slush, next thing the forklift barely makes it up over the hill after several attempts.was a real struggle to get back inside too.

if you're not going to keep up with it, it's just as well to not plow it in the first place. 6" of snow is safer to drive in than that thick, greasy film of slush

15. mat60

mat60

Happy Birthday Beetle-Kill .. I hope it was a good one. :coldone:

16. mat60

mat60

Worked late on the car last night changing the muffler and tailpipe. Had to drive the truck into town for parts with no reg or sticker. Didnt care for that much and was glad to get home.. Feeling a little old today and took it easy. Got one heck of a mess to clean up. Looks like rain on the way here tomorrow. Not much going on but grocery store for some things in the afternoon... Hopefully they have our Red Barron pizza in stock. :)

17. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

So we always welcomed a good snow. My dad said that one day when we own a house, we won't be so excited for a big storm. Well, we always enjoyed a good blow, noreaster, a gullywomper of a snowstorm.
    Well, we own now, and really look forward to a big storm. With wood heat, we'll be over-the-top excited for a big ol snow storm. We'd both be happy snowed in for a few days!

Just dont seem to see much snow around these parts these days.
    Sca

18. fishingpol

fishingpol

The Mrs. And I committed two nights for this project. 3 coats of paint, 2 bottles of wine.

P.O. did the purple paint I swear on it.

20210114_151050.jpg

The the basic runner at HD.

20210115_192510.jpg

Off the list!

19. mat60

mat60

Nice work .. Cant say I love to paint but I bet some wine would help that.:)

20. tree killer

tree killer

Looks much better.