In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Erik B

Erik B

wildwest You may want to get their number and you do the calling if credit card numbers are to be conveyed. I always make sure I am doing the calling before I give out any card info.

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Good advice Erik, thanks :)

3. yooperdave

yooperdave

Hey, at least they're answering the phones!

[​IMG]

4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Truth! They not only answer phones, all the gals are nice and helpful. And patient, she was quickly rattling off what to sign but she walked me through where and what. Very fortunate for the courthouse offices staff here!

5. yooperdave

yooperdave

Here, you have to make appointments on line for any D.O.T. (sec of state) transactions.

6. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

The search is over, I finally found my wife a newish car yesterday. It is NOT a good time to be buying! They wouldnt budge on the price, and I couldnt even get them to wash their BS doc fees, which at least were somewhat reasonable at $300.

I'm still waiting for my wife to move her kitchen accessory inventory out of the area where my wood bin goes. Ive been going out to the stack every day for wood, and its getting old at 4-5AM. Luckily, Im just pulling from the stack thats very close to the house right now, but I need to remedy this ASAP.

7. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Apparently we got a rogue really heavy wind gust last night while my daughter was outside with the dog. Picked up my 10x20 work canopy and flipped it to the side. Its now upside down on top of half a dozen mud kitchens. I'll have to pull it apart before work. A few of the posts looked a little bowed, but only one bent badly. I knew it wasnt going to last when I installed it with the cheap anchors it came with, but I forgot to buy the auger anchors. Live and learn.

Brandon Scott, bogieb, mat60 and 8 others like this.
  8. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Yesterday we were blessed again when 9 deer bedded close to the house. This is not so unusual for earlier in the year but rifle hunting season has been on for over a week now. I don't remember the last time I've heard so few shots around here. Yes, weather has been a factor but should not have the big effect like this. Not really sure why.

9. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

:bug:
    Geez...ours were only $50, people still beeched about it!

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

The last few times, during negotiation stage, I've told the salesman that they can forget about that document fee. Some places charge (all totaled) 490! They always drop the price right there whatever the fee is. So, I still pay it but save that same amount somewhere else.

Yeah, I know they never sell vehicles unless they are making money.

11. MikeSs

MikeSs

lets see.
    $1500 for hinges to support it.
    5k for engineer.
    30k for structural changes to support a door you could have taken pics of and have a wrap made and stuck to a premade door?
    Doing something fun.
    PRICELESS.

Brandon Scott, bogieb, mat60 and 5 others like this.
  12. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Yep! I've heard of companies charging $600.

13. lukem

lukem

Not sure where you got those numbers but we're talking about 50 lbs per door.

14. Horkn

Horkn

It's mostly rain here, although there's a little snow/ slush on the stack that I pulled a couple of carts worth of splits from last night. I forgot that the 4x8 and the yard cart are at my buddy's, so it was me and the gorilla cart manually moving the wood. No fun. I prefer using the tractor or atv. I could've used the tractor to haul the gorilla cart, but it was getting dark and I had enough moved with 2 carts worth.

I just need to move at least a cord of that 3 cord stack up to the patio before the snow sticks. Otherwise it's going to be more work.

Brandon Scott, bogieb, mat60 and 6 others like this.
  15. Horkn

Horkn

What a pita. Our state doesn't need notary fire car title transfer/ registration. I've never seen that actually.

mat60, Brandon Scott, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  16. Horkn

Horkn

Yeah used vehicle prices are high right now.
    What did she get? I think you mentioned an explorer earlier?

Moving wood like that would get old really quickly. Can you at least bring in a rubbermaid bin inside to get you through until daylight?

mat60, Brandon Scott, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  17. Gasifier

Gasifier

Drove around picking stuff up and running different errands this morning. Went to Lowe’s, Price Chopper, Amish saw mill for wood shavings, lawyer’s office for paperwork for insurance purposes, Doctor’s office for son’s paperwork, Wal-Fart. And then home to unload everything and throw large garbage bags full of wood shavings up onto loft for storage. Got a workout in just this morning. Yeeesh. Then lunch break where I ate too much of course, and then back outside to work the tractor for an hour. Then back inside to hang out while wife gets to get out and relax. It has been a nice sunny day here. On the cool side, but enjoyable! Hope you hoarders have a good one.

18. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I did the whole funeral thing for my niece.. enough emotional roller coasters for 1 day. Watching flames and having a bourbon

19. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

She ended up with a 2017 GMC Acadia Limited. Its the last of the larger Acadias.

I've been filling the wheelbarrow and backing that all the way down the enclosed porch and leaving it right in front of the door. Problem is that I need a second wheelbarrow if Im gonna do that!

20. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Sorry to hear that, terrible. Make it a double.

Chvymn99, mat60, Gasifier and 10 others like this.