Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.
Where does it go?
It's my new well cover, replacing a very rotten flat hatch made of a fiberglassed wood frame
Happy birthday Marvin . Enjoying the day.
A little time was spent in the kitchen this morning, sanding and mudding the ceiling. It was so nice out today, I ended up working outside.
The last 10 feet of the hemlock trunk went down and got bucked up. I had to noodle the rounds as it was a bad decision to lift them. Nice grain inside. I may put these aside for boxes or wood turning.
The saw ran very well. The neighbor stopped over and was so happy this tree got cleaned up pretty quick. I have a good pile of rounds to process now.
I started the clean up of one of the downed spruces out back, but I was getting tired. That and the branches and vines made it dangerous. That tree is an absolute mess...
I made the most of day, so no complaints.
Do take your time getting on your feet after you been laying or siting down.
Sorry about the the changes you have had to make and hope you get feeling better before the next hunting season. I no its been quite a year for you.
Nice work fishingpol
This was sent to me today....too funny not to share with you all!
I'm not dead yet. Thanksgiving is still important to me. If being in my Last Will and Testament is important to you, then you might consider being with me for my favorite holiday. Dinner is at 2:00. Not 2:15. Not 2:05. Two. 2:00! Arrive late and you get what's left over.
Last year, that moron Marshall fried a turkey in one of those contraptions and practically burned the deck off the house. This year, the only peanut oil used to make the meal will be from the secret scoop of peanut butter I add to the carrot soup.
Jonathan, your last new wife was an idiot. You don't arrive at someone's house on Thanksgiving needing to use the oven and the stove. Honest to God, I thought you might have learned after two wives - date them longer and save us all the agony of another divorce.
Now, the house rules are slightly different This year because I have decided that 47% of you don't know how to take care of nice things. Paper plates and red Solo cups might be bad for the environment, but I'll be gone soon and that will be your problem to deal with.
1. The University of Texas no longer plays Texas A&M. The television stays off during the meal.
2. The "no cans for kids" rule still exists. We are using 2 liter bottles because your children still open a third can before finishing the first two. Parents can fill a child's cup when it is empty. All of the cups have names on them and I'll be paying close attention to refills.
3. Chloe, last year we were at Trudy's house and I looked the other way when your Jell-O salad showed up. This year, if Jell-O salad comes in the front door it will go right back out the back door with the garbage. Save yourself some time, honey. You've never been a good cook and you shouldn't bring something that wiggles more than you. Buy something from the bakery.
4. Grandmothers give grandchildren cookies and candy. That is a fact of life. Your children can eat healthy at your home. At my home, they can eat whatever they like as long as they finish it.
5. I cook with bacon and bacon grease. That's nothing new. Your being a vegetarian doesn't change the fact that stuffing without bacon is like egg salad without eggs. Even the green bean casserole has a little bacon grease in it. That's why it tastes so good. Not eating bacon is just not natural. And as far as being healthy... look at me. I've outlived almost everyone I know.
6. Salad at Thanksgiving is a waste of space.
7. I do not like cell phones. Leave them in the car.
8. I do not like video cameras. There will be 32 people here. I am sure you can capture lots of memories without the camera pointed at me.
9. Being a mother means you have to actually pay attention to the kids. I have nice things and I don't put them away just because company is coming over. Mary, watch your kids and I'll watch my things.
10. Rhonda, a cat that requires a shot twice a day is a cat that has lived too many lives. I think staying home to care for the cat is your way of letting me know that I have lived too many lives too. I can live with that. Can you?
11. Words mean things. I say what I mean. Let me repeat: You don't need to bring anything means you don't need to bring anything. And if I did tell you to bring something, bring it in the quantity I said. Really, this doesn't have to be difficult.
12. Domino's and cards are better than anything that requires a battery or an on/off switch. That was true when you were kids and it's true now that you have kids.
13. Showing up for Thanksgiving guarantees presents at Christmas. Not showing up guarantees a card that may or may not be signed.
In memory of your Grandfather, the back fridge will be filled with beer. Drink until it is gone. I prefer wine anyway. But one from each family needs to be the designated driver.
I really mean all of the above.
Love You, Grandma
This actually sounds like my mom......she's a real lionheart!
pretty nice day today was wasted car shopping for my wife. I think we have finally nailed it down though. Gonna go check out a Ford Explorer tomorrow, and if she likes it as much as the high mileage one she sat in today, the pain will be over.
This guy has a fine load
My boss put on a barbecue lunch for us at work today.
Burgers and snags Aussie style!
Happy Birthday to Eric VW!
Happy Birthday Eric VW !!!!!
Thank you all for the birthday wishes!
Happy birthday Eric VW!
Thanks for the funny memes you twisted muthas.
happy birthday Eric VW
Happy birthday. Have a good one.