In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    As you posted this picture, I can hear campinspecter dumping firewood into the basement so he can fire today. A job many people are doing today.

2. Horkn

Horkn

There's been a lot of us hauling/ moving firewood this time of year. Tis the season....:stacker:

3. Gasifier

Gasifier

It is a nice time of the year for it! Beautiful temperatures here at 57 with a slight breeze. And I made homemade Chili yesterday. So there are breezes all around!:DAnd changing directions!:whistle:

4. mat60

mat60

Id be very happy with how it looks for sure.

5. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

A high of 46 today... started the first of the season.... did some hedge splitting... took two loads of seasoned wood to the neighbor for fires that year... and got a ham on the smoker...

6. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Yep, built a few mud kitchens this morning, loaded a few that were picked up, and then finally we got out for one last cruise. I pulled it after that, then got to go in the water and disassemble the dock and pull it out. Little chilly!

7. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

8. Midwinter

Midwinter

9. M2theB

M2theB

Started today off with a bang getting two trailer loads of cherry up to the house before 09:00 so I could make 09:30 conference call. Then decided to chase a shower that takes forever to warm up. Decided the core on mixing valve had done its duty for the last 22 years. Took another 4 hours between HD trips and finally coaxing it out with a couple wedges buZZsaw BRAD gave me at his insistence this summer. He really was persistent. “Really, just take a couple.”
    Never would have imagined I’d use them for this.
    Thanks!

10. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Just window shopping :)

11. billb3

billb3

I had an 80 or 81 station wagon. It was actually a pretty nice trouble-free little car except for the rear tailgate opening up on its own on a whim.

12. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

What is going on with wildfires?

The Red Feather one is now over 200K acres and threating our home of 21 years we sold and still growing,
    The one next to my house I live in now over 175K acres (our fire is not spreading Thank God)
    Now a new one behind where I was born and raised grew to 10K in only 1 day from starting.

They update the perimeters of the fire at night with heat sensing tech, if it's not too windy. I'm afraid to see the maps tomorrow morning if they can get them (except my fire, not worried about ours)

B.Brown Beetle-Kill

This is Lake Loveland below, This is in the city limits, it's between where I was born and raised and the home we sold when we moved here. BANANAS!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  13. Gasifier

Gasifier

I hope and pray you get rain and cold temps out there.

14. Marvin

Marvin

Absolutely! Come on rain storms!

15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I had similar at our old home in 2012, I just feel terrible for these people, it's incredibly hard. We started evacuating when we saw the orange glow behind our home but we were 6 miles west of town in the mountains, the other ones are closer to town and really really scary.

16. yooperdave

yooperdave

Way too many decades of putting fires out and then the dry tinder builds up.

17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Tons of beetle kill deadfall from the last couple decades. How the heck is Cameron Peak fire burning over burn scar from the fire we went through?

18. yooperdave

yooperdave

There's got to be enough ground debris or unburnt "fuel".

19. B.Brown

B.Brown

"They'' say, the holiday farm fire to the south of us in oregon is 65% contained, but, it burned 173,094 acres i believe it is. This should have never happened. People have been warning the state for years a fire like this could bring oregon to its knee's. IF some of these fires were fought with the maximum amount of fire righters when they first got started, they could have stopped them. But, it didn't happen, people in high places had it all figured out, to let it burn and then it would eventually burn itself out, later on in the year. Tell that to the people of Detroit oregon, Gates Oregon, Lyons Oregon. Mill City Oregon. Detroit oregon and Gates oregon are almost non existent now. Its very tragic to see these towns almost totally gone.

One ironic thing, the 15th of october was BURN DAY!! So, the local idiots allowed burning, which made the fairly clear, clean skys be smoky for the past 4 days. Simpletons run this state, its nothing but obvious. Personally i think they should have closed the deer and elk season's here as well, but, nooooooooooooo, the game div needs the money. I seriously doubt that the big fires in the above area's will ever actually be totally out. If we have a dry winter, its a good chance this whole thing could repeat itself all over again next year, only in a different location.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  20. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Those were for doorstops Mike! :rofl: :lol: Thats what Ctwoodtick called them when i gave him a couple. Kerf keepers as i call them. Disposable too. Those came from the house you met me at. Rafter birds mouth cut out scraps. Have a bunch more if you need them...if not for wood cutting, maybe future plumbing work! :rofl: :lol: