In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Camber

Camber

I really don't know. I germinated a few seeds no problem. Too late now. I won't get much of a crop if I start again now. :(

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

What is your altitude?

3. Camber

Camber

I am going to take your advice. I feel so much better not knowing what is going on in those places. low blood pressure night for me. It is still 63 degrees here. beautiful day

4. Camber

Camber

6300 feet. I may have used last years seeds.

5. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Another day, another failed capacitor. I came home from golf and jumped right in the shower. When I came out I could smell something burning. Found the air handler motor in the attic way overheated. Diagnosed another bad capacitor. Spun the motor up by hand to get the house cool, I'll kill it before bed. I'll get a new one in the morning I hope.

As I was typing this, it dawned on me what happened. I had lightning strike in a tree maybe fifty feet from the house last fall. I'm hoping that was the issue.

6. Loon

Loon

Atlanta isnt having fun.:whistle:

7. Loon

Loon

Same with Dallas.:whistle:

8. Camber

Camber

I broke down and looked at the news. If these silly folks had a log splitter, they would stick their own head in it. Kinda like setting yourself on fire to protest something silly. No one will care, or feel sorrow for you. I should ask them to plant my garden. Talk about reaping and sowing. No more news, I am indeed sorry I looked. I'm glad my kids are smart enough to see this city junk. stay there people. please

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I have the news on my computer now too, watching in disbelief. Not sure how old your kids are but they sound older than ours, ours is into watching a show called "the happy family show". It's on now, she does not need to see more of this crap than was on the national and local news I watched tonight. This show is HILARIOUS, totally PG all the way but has elements of Married With Children and the Simpsons and duck Van Dyke show & others. Silly fun show that even gives me chuckles!

10. Camber

Camber

My kids are young. I had them later than most. 11 and 13. We actually don't have TV. I do make them watch, and read news stories online. At dinner they have to report on the news, and then we vet what they want. Only way to stop the brain washing from government school is to teach them the truth. Very frustrating at first, but now they are pretty good at checking sources. In fact, my daughter was able to fill me in on the Girls Scouts, and why she refused to be one. Even saved me from spending money on the tiny, expensive boxes of cookies. She makes them instead. I'm so proud of them. They actually remind me of older generations that are gone now. still kids, but at least they can think for themselves.:yes: I do buy movies like Ol Yeller on the internet for them. Way cheaper than a satellite, and I can filter the garbage a little better.

11. Loon

Loon

'Ol Yeller'

That movie couldnt of ended any worse.:zip: Now get em Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. :D

12. Camber

Camber

I know it! after they first watched it, I had my son who was old enough read Where the red fern grows. I was getting them ready for my old healer to die. He was about 17 then.

13. Loon

Loon

14. Loon

Loon

Only thing good with this lockdown is the wood work. :cheers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Titan is in the rain barrel. :coldone:

[​IMG]

savemoney, Chaz, XXL and 11 others like this.
  15. Horkn

Horkn

I had some old seed packets that I planted this year, just to see if they'd be viable. Some were, some were not. The ones that sprouted, I'm planting in the garden. Our grow season is a lot longer than yours, but unless it's a super fast growing plant, I'm buying only started plants for what else I need/ want.

savemoney, Chaz, bogieb and 8 others like this.
  16. Thor

Thor

We watched my youngest daughters 8th grade virtual graduation ceremony last night on you tube. Now I have 2 high School daughters. Later I'll be putting my oldest in the drivers seat of my truck. Hoping for a bonfire this evening. Everyone have good day.

savemoney, Chaz, bogieb and 11 others like this.
  17. Camber

Camber

Heading to a graduation ceremony and cookout in a hour or so. Beautiful day.

18. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Yup, headed to a drive in graduation ceremony here in a bit...this ought to be interesting...

Chaz, Brandon Scott, Camber and 6 others like this.
  19. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

That is probably about the age I started working with the wood and stoves. I hope she continues to enjoy it. And, of course, we wish he a happy birthday.

savemoney, Chaz, Midwinter and 7 others like this.
  20. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Seeds don't care how old they are. If they were good seed, they will grow.

savemoney, Chaz, Midwinter and 7 others like this.