In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. savemoney

savemoney

I have mine up 24/7 Have it half mast now. Plan to return to full mast Tuesday. I have a dust to dawn light next to the flag. You can spend any amount on the flags. What I have found is to get a flag made in USA and some light weight material that doesn't hold a lot of water. I replace it every year because they get fray and fade. A real heavy storm this past spring brought my pole down. My son repaired it for me and it is back up flying our colors. I think we had gusts over 60 mph.

2. fishingpol

fishingpol

I'll take it down in the evenings. I'm outside a lot, so it is one of the last things I look at on the way back in the house.

I may look at the solar pole lights at some point, but will buy local to support the local economy. Maybe even some landscape lighting with an upwards spot light down the road.

USA made flag and pole here.:yes:

3. fishingpol

fishingpol

I wrestled the Castine out of the barn, across the yard, up a sketchy ramp onto the sketchy porch. It is in the house now and sort of in place. I need to get the Class A installed, new hearth and new floor among other things. New ceiling before the install. This was a big step. I cleaned the porcelain enamel up and she looks great. The regular legs will go back on it, and I'll sell the porcelain enamel short ones. This baby is going to throw some heat this winter...

20200524_113502.jpg

4. savemoney

savemoney

You sure have your work cut out for you. Should keep you occupied for some time to come. Older homes can be a full time job all on their own. Once updated and repaired, they have charm like no new one ever could.

5. Marshel54

Marshel54

Finished up the garden today for all practical purpose. I have a planting of corn to put in in two weeks.
    Re-tilled the areas that hadn't been planted.
    Put in 6 rows of corn, a row of banana peppers and a row of cucumbers. I will have a small space left over. Don't know if I will put it in corn or some vegetables. Maybe some Kohlrabi. Haven't grow that for years, or another planting of green beans.

Found 3 small Shaggy Main mushrooms when coming back to the house. I will look in the morning. Maybe some mushrooms fried in a lot of butter.
    DSCN0915.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  6. bogieb

bogieb

If you need a new floor, are you sure it was wise to bring the stove in yet - don't want that puppy falling thru!

7. fishingpol

fishingpol

I really had to bring it in. Inner parts of the stove were showing surface rust and I did not want accidental damage to the enamel finish out there.

I already poured a concrete base and p.t. post in the basement below the stove. The old vinyl flooring and old wood floor will most likely be removed and a new floor installed over the subfloor. If the old wood floor is good, just a re-finish then. That would be ideal.

8. bogieb

bogieb

Naturally you had already thought this though - thanks for the clarification

9. Horkn

Horkn

I make sure that she arranges the list in the order that they are in the store. If they are not in order, I have no responsibility if I miss anything.

10. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

My wife shops.. I am the oh honey I need 3 things I forgot on way home guy!! Never forget a bottle of wine or chocolates even if not list!!

11. Erik B

Erik B

Both my wife and I have learned if I am to do some shopping, I have to go over the shopping list with her to make sure I don't have any questions. As I pick items up in the store, I cross them off the list. When everything is crossed off, I am done.
    It is a good idea to take the list home with you to prove you got everything that she put on the list.

12. savemoney

savemoney

I won't do the grocery shopping unless my wife is ill. List isn't organized. I go up and down the isles over and over looking. Not easy when you are in a mobility cart because I can't walk the isles.
    For my needs, curbside pickup works best. It doesn't waste my time, and I avoid impulse buying. I have found they pickers do a better job selecting things than I do!

13. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

That just about matches my high (1109 miles in one day). Never again.

Horkn, wildwest, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  14. Backwoods Savage

Thanks for the pictures! Nice!

Horkn, wildwest, Chaz and 7 others like this.
  15. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I did 1475 miles in under 22 hours once, Looooong day solo!

16. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

I did 26 hours to Utah one fall day.....with a psycho woman........note to self.......don’t climb in a vehicle with a person you barely know for more than 24 hours......somebody might not come back...

17. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: ....

Horkn, NortheastAl, wildwest and 6 others like this.
  18. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Pouring rain this morning. Had a great visit with Mom yesterday. Before we went I got my baby broccoli planted and sowed some more radishes. I have eight potato plants showing, peas and carrots are up and the squash plants are doing well.

working today at home. the commute from the kitchen to the computer is not hard to take.

Horkn, NortheastAl, wildwest and 7 others like this.
  19. Horkn

Horkn

I've gone further than that, but I won't anymore unless I HAD to. Even then, I'd have my wife drive after so many hours. Or so I say.
    Yeah that was just over my Max ever. Home to St Pete Beach Florida which is 1315 miles with only a quick power car nap in Tennessee at a rest stop. and refuels and a bathroom break. My wife was along, and she didn't drive. Had I let her drive, we wouldn't have gotten to Florida to have drinks on the beach on my birthday. She'd have gotten a hotel along the way.

So we don't push it that far anymore. We just plan it out to stay overnight somewhere along the way.

20. Backwoods Savage

Yes. Let the young studs do that sort of thing.