In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I was given a new fangled hairdryer that was very popular at the time, late 90's/early 2000's. Did NOT work for my hair. They cost very little now. Still use my old one from 1994 that works well for me but the gifted one? Used it more times than we can count on frozen pipes, defrosting freezers, and literally just this evening husband used it to get the draft right in our wood stove liner (exterior cement block chimney, thanks again for the tip brenndatomu :) ) Also, I am protective over my good blowdryer. Good idea to ask your Bride first :rofl: :lol:. For real.

2. yooperdave

yooperdave

bogieb, Loon, Chvymn99 and 10 others like this.
  3. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

4. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Hope du jour
    By Jason Nelson

The Bible shows us that our spiritual capacities are not one dimensional. The assets born in us when the Holy Spirit engages with our spirits come in a variety of flavors so we can pair them with whatever challenges are on our plates. Jesus could see great faith in the people he healed, and the skeptics had little faith. The psalm writers celebrated God’s unfailing love. Peter urges us to “love one another deeply, from the heart” (1 Peter 1:22) because it is possible to love people not so deeply. And there are all different kinds of hope.

The New Testament epistles are filled with recommendations to have a hope appropriate for our circumstances. They all relate to the life and work of Jesus that the gospels tell us about. There is sure hope, firm hope, living hope, blessed hope, good hope, better hope. They warn us against the limitations of human hopes alone and the despair that comes from having no hope at all.

The reformer Martin Luther wrote about his “battling hope” becoming vigorous and conquering the devil when his faith was attacked. Martin Luther King, Jr. said, “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”

What’s on your plate today, this week, and as far as the eye can see? Some of it may look appealing and some of it unappealing. Some of it you ordered, and some of it you didn’t. All of it will be tough to swallow without the right kind of hope

5. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

bogieb, TrinitySouth99, Loon and 6 others like this.
  6. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Hate to hear that but I would think that they would be use to that and it will come back like normal.

I see deer literally walking around in clearcuts or thinning between skidder pulls sometimes. Not like running out of the area but just passing through and feeding.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

bogieb, Loon, Chvymn99 and 7 others like this.
  7. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I have done two or three, but I am not a lawn freak and go longer than I should between some of them

bogieb, Loon, Chazsbetterhalf and 6 others like this.
  8. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

We’ve done two cuts so far. The rain has made the lawn grow fast as weeds.

bogieb, Loon, Chazsbetterhalf and 5 others like this.
  9. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Mostly weeds growing here. It's not gotten enough binto summer yet to send the real grass growing fast. Takes real heat down hwre

Loon, Chazsbetterhalf, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  10. yooperdave

yooperdave

Don't forget to have a burrito or taco or margarita something like that today!

upload_2020-5-5_8-17-27.jpeg

11. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Don't forget the corona beer.

Loon, Chvymn99, yooperdave and 7 others like this.
  12. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Loon, Chvymn99, yooperdave and 5 others like this.
  13. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Costco says it will limit meat purchases to three items per customer. Last week I saw how little was in their meat cases and bought what I could. I was fearing this.

Loon, Chvymn99, yooperdave and 7 others like this.
  14. lukem

lukem

More demo on the bedroom before work this AM. I'm amazed at how much stuff I haul out when I take a room down to the studs. So far it has been two F150 loads...probably a couple more to go.

Heading over to my parents' house after work to install a new water filter....should be a quick job.

bogieb, Loon, Chvymn99 and 7 others like this.
  15. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

You really lucked out with that girl!

Loon, Chvymn99, yooperdave and 6 others like this.
  16. Backwoods Savage

If it works, I'll usually try it. Many have tried to get me on marijuana but I draw the line with that.

EDIT: I used to see a homopathic doctor and know her well but don't agree with many of the things she uses or tries to get people using.

bogieb, Eric VW, Loon and 8 others like this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

Jon, it is funny you posted those pictures. Just yesterday both the grosbeak and bunting showed up for the first time this year.

bogieb, Eric VW, Loon and 9 others like this.
  18. Backwoods Savage

They were okay when they had just one but now they have 3 and it really makes a difference. I'm not the only one as almost everyone within a mile complained during hunting season last year. The DNR even made a couple trips with warnings. Next fall there will not be warnings we have been told.

Eric VW, Loon, Chvymn99 and 5 others like this.
  19. Horkn

Horkn

I'm at 1 as of Sunday. I could've cut it earlier. It really took off last week and grew a lot.

I mowed it low and it looks great. I'm not a lawn freak like some are, but my one neighbor is a lawn neglecter. They didn't mow for like 2 months last year, and it was super long. That property is next too the guy that scalps his lawn so low the last mow before winter and it looks like crap until the snow covers it. His lawn also looks like crap until the lawn recovers in Spring, and because he stresses it out with the scalp cut it doesn't green up as quickly as everyone else's lawn that doesn't scalp the last mow. On the other side of the scalper, is the neighbor with the nicest lawn. That guy I swear gets on his mower, overseers, fertilizes, etc just to get out of the house and his 2 kids that scream and cry all day.
    I've literally seen him several times on his mower, mowing dormant grass in December, once as it was snowing. o_O
    His lawn want this nice until after they started having kids. Lol

My lawn is decent, not the best, but far from the worst. Middle ground for my lawn. I've got other things to spend money on rather than tons of lawn care products.

20. Horkn

Horkn